Question

Chillingwithea

Bringing below average credit score to average & above *18 y/o
Turned 18 recently and I've been trying to build credit. According to Transunion I have a 557 credit score & according to Equifax I have a 561. Starting in May I brought my score from 545. I have one credit and in two weeks I'm going to apply for a Citi Mastercard. Any more ways of building my credit on my own?

At those scores the only cards that you should apply for are SECURED credit cards, you will not be approved for anything but Secured. Do some reading on credit, how it works, how to build it, etc. Any specific questions along the way, feel free to ask. Don't go applying willy-nilly for cards, "hard inquiries" will rack up and hurt your credit even more.

Chillingwithea

Thanks for you reply! Learned about hard inquiries the hard way. The Citi card is a secured and recommended through Credit Karma!