Question

kclsparky

BEWARE! Synchrony(SYNCB) formerly GE Capitol
GO TO
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/ge_money_bank.html

Tried to do the right thing

I had a Chevron/Texaco credit card that I defaulted on.  In the process of cleaning up my credit report, I contacted them to see if I can pay off what is owed to at least show it as closed paid in full with a balance of $0.

I was told by the "operator" that even IF I paid it in full, it would still show as negative on my credit report, and that it would then be a negative on my report for the next 7 years (2 more years, and it falls of anyway).

I asked for a Supervisor to make sure that what I heard was correct, and I was transferred to a number that rang for 15 minutes with no answer or voicemai..

I called back and talked to another "operator", and heard the same thing, and that it had been sent to 4 different collections, and since none of them were able to contact me, it is now considered closed.

So, when trying to do the right thing, I wanted to pay what I really owed, and they basically refused to take my money!  What kind of bank refuses to take money?

I'll just wait 2 more years and it will be gone from my credit report.  I'm sure other collections companies will try to pick it up and collect, but now that I know it's already closed, I will just ignore them.

Beware of what?

Lets see 6 of my 12 credit cards are with Synchrony Bank,   Have never had one issue with any of them.  Statements have always been correct,  Customer Service has always been good when I have called  and that has only been like 4 times.

CHECK OUT SITE!

UNBELIEVABLE!  Hope this answers any questions asked about Synchrony(SYNCB)

tbdc

Why is this a question?