Question

RGSmither

Bankruptcy Finalized
My bankruptcy was finalized in December. How do I get the collection and repos on my report cleared or corrected to reflect this?

Most Helpful Response

Bankruptcy won't remove items from your credit report.  However, if the creditor was included in your bankruptcy then the comments should show that and they should reflect a zero balance.  If this is not happening, then write to the credit bureaus and ask them to correct those accounts accordingly.  

RGSmither

They are still showing 1 in repos and several in collections, is that correct or should they reflect the bankruptcy some way?

Bankruptcy

I checked on my credit reports after filing bankruptcy June 2016 and many were not showing that I had filed.  I filed disputes on all I could find.  The credit bureaus, Trans Union and Equifax, were very prompts in their responses to help correctly label these creditors as being included in my Chapter 7.  Check on your reports, check the 'I want to file a dispute', and then just follow the instructions.  You may have to do it more than once.  I believe I completed my last one today, October 12, 2016; but, it is worth it.  My score rises each time I have checked on each disputed I filed.