Question

Sleepy21705

Bank Loan impact on credit report
I have access to a $500 loan account through my credit union, and have since 2007. This loan, which I owe $0 on was really intended to be overdraft protection and would be accessed if my checking account went to $0, and I became overdrawn. I haven't used it or accessed the loan funding since 2008. How does this loan impact my credit? It is listed on my credit report and I no longer need access to it but do not want to close it out if that would negatively impact my report, especially since its one of my older "accounts" Thanks!

Don't close it, the fact that you have those funds available is a good thing and helps your credit score.  If you close it, your score will drop.  To learn more about how your FICO score is calculated, visit www.myfico.com.  Best of luck!