Question

Posted in Banking

gpabboju

Bank A/C closure and credit score impact
I opened a bank account a month ago and NOT happy with the bank service. What's the impact on my credit score if I close the bank a/c now. If not now, when is the best time to close the bank account with less impact on my credit score?

My Score is excellent. Because poor bank service and when I close my account, I don't want to get my score impacted a lot.

Most Helpful Response

No problem

My bank account is not listed on my credit report, only credit items such as loans and credit cards.  You could have NO bank account and pay all bills via cash or money order and your credit score could be fantastic!!  So, if the bank is giving lousy service, go ahead and find another that will work for you.

gpabboju

For this bank account, I also have a loan account(Line of Credit approved for some amount) with this bank.

But I never took out the loan amount and closing would reduce my credit score? The account is opened a month ago.