Question

KennyJo1031

Auto financing deny letter without buying a car
I have received a letter from a dealership saying that my application for auto financing had been denied. However, I have not purchased any car nor applied for financing from that dealership. Is that possible that my personal information may be used without me knowing it?

Most Helpful Response

YES

It's very possible. 

Get a copy of your Credit Report.  AnnualCreditReport .com proveides one free copy of your credit report from each of the CRA's a year.   If you see suspicious activity on any of your reports, Place a "Fraud Alert"  on your credit file and dispute any info you do not recognize. Google it for more info on how to go about it. 

Good Luck

KennyJo1031

Should I file any complaint/report to any organization? 

I believe this kind of action should never be allowed/tolerated, but I am not sure what type of action will be over-reacting...

Thanks,