Question

KONA209

ASKED FOR A "PAID IN FULL LETTER", THEY AGREED NOW CHANGING THERE MIND?
I CHECKED OUT YOUR ADVICE SECTION BEFORE CONTACTING THE ORIGINAL PLACE , TO WHOM I OWED MONEY. THEY SOLD IT TO A COLLECTION AGENCY, I THEN CONTACTED THEM. I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THEM. THE COLLECTION AGENCY THEN TOLD ME IT WAS IN THERE ATTORNEY'S SECTION, AND TO CALL ANOTHER NUMBER, I DID. THE ORIGINAL AMOUNT I OWED WENT UP $2500.00 IN FEE'S? CAN THEY DO THAT? 2nd QUESTION~ I TOLD THEM I WOULD LIKE TO PAY THIS ACCOUNT, AND I ASKED IF I COULD GET IT DELETED OR A LETTER STATING "PAID IN FULL". THE LADY SAID YES I COULD GET A "LETTER PAID IN FULL". THEY THEN TOLD ME THE BALANCE WITH THE INCREASE, AND I TOLD THEM HOW MUCH I COULD PAY WHICH WAS ALMOST $460.00 ABOVE ORIGINAL DEBT. SHE GAVE ME AN EMAIL ADDRESS W/HER COMPANY, TOLD ME TO SEND AN EMAIL REQUESTING THE LETTER, AND TO PLEASE EMAIL ME A COPY AND SNAIL MAIL ONE. WEEK HAS GONE BY, SHE SAID SHE WAS UNABLE TO SEND MY A LETTER "PAID IN FULL", BECAUSE THIS WAS A SETTLEMENT. CAN THEY DO THAT??? HOW WAS IT A SETTLEMENT??? THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SPEEDY REPLY.