Question

toobookoo

Any way to get a bankruptcy off my credit quicker?
I filed a little over 8 years ago and was told by the lawyers that it would disappear in roughly 7-10 years, and now I'm reading that it can stay up to 15 years. I have opened multiple CCs and loans during this time and have made all my payments 100% on time. Any idea when the bankruptcy will fall off, or can I petition it to be removed earlier?

Most Helpful Response

Bankruptcy stays 10 years.

A bankruptcy will stay on your credit report for 10 years from date it is filed.  The Fair Credit Reporting Act has set the rules on how long certain items can remain.  Good items you want to stay on your reports as long as possible and they can lasThere is not way the bankruptcy can be removed any sooner than that time required by law.  It'll only be about 2 more years and then it will vanish and  those positives from your credit cards and loans will shine like the sun!!