any car financing advice for me?
Hello, if any one can give a little advice that would be great! I'm 23 years old with a credit score of 671 and 647 with TransUnion and Equifax respectively. I have student loan debt, but I have been making my payments on time every month. I don't have a credit card but I will be getting one by the end of the month. I am in desperate need of a car as the last two cars I've owned have all broken down for good since I bought them from untrustworthy craigslist. Both of these cars were paid with cash in full so I have no deby tied to them.

My question is, I'm thinking of financing a car since I need a reliable car. But I'm wondering if my credit will be good enough to get me approved? I am not looking to get a sports car or anything luxurious just a good reliable economy car, maybe a nice gas saver. I obviously can't finance anything to expensive either since I will have to pay for full coverage insurance. I'm looking into a Dodge Dart right now, if that serves as an example.

Do you think my credit would be good enough to get me approved for financing? If I had someone to co sign for me I would but, I have no family to do so. Any advice or help would be highly appreciated.

First off, don't buy a brand new car but select a vehicle that is one to 5 years old with as low mileage as possible and purchased from a dealer or bank.  I bought a one year old Buick for cash 10 years ago and it is still running very well. You might end up paying very- high interest in financing it.  I do advise checking with a credit union since they tend to be more 'user friendly'  than banks are.  See if they will pre-approve you for a loan and go shopping with that pre-approval in your pocket.  Having a guaranteed amount available gives you a bit of leverage and, if you find a car that would suit you but it's maybe a couple thousand more than you have available try to talk a deal but be ready to walk away.  I  had a ceiling on what I would spend for a car sand the Buick wdas nearly $3000 more than I was going to spend.  They saw I liked it but I held to my limit (they even tried to get it financed, which was not going to happen)  and I ended up with the vehicle at my price.   FYI-I'm a female seniokr citizen.  You can do this, too.  Just going to take a bit of patience.  Places to look would be bank repo lists or rental lots for some of the best prices.  Wish you the best.