Question

IHateEquifax

Any advice on removing this hit off payment history?
12 student loans X 7 months of missed payments = (84 missed payments) 71.7% on my payment history portion of the Credit Karma Vantage 3.0 model ( These are my ONLY missed payments)

I have contacted FedLoan Servicing and explained my situation.
I did not realize there were multiple accounts, I assumed it was one loan period.
I did not realize my student loans were due at the time they were, I had thought University of Phoenix had set it up that I was on a forbearance or something since I had limited income at the time.

It wasn't until a job application in Aug 2015 that I realized about this and was able to straighten it out right away. But I still have a big hit of 84 missed payments.

I contacted FedLoan yesterday requesting any assistance with somehow removing this hit off my Vantage 3.0.

Their reply and my original text to them

Thank you for contacting FedLoan Servicing!

We're sorry to hear about the health concerns that you contacted us about.

You may wish to apply for loan discharge under Total and Permanent Disability.  If you have a medically determinable physical or mental impairment or are a veteran with a service-connected condition, you may qualify for a discharge, based on a total and permanent disability.  Visit www.disabilitydischarge.com to learn more about the discharge and how to apply.  Or you can contact Nelnet Total and Permanent Disability Servicer directly at 888-303-7818.

Due to the delinquency of your loans, we notified the nationwide consumer reporting agencies that you were 180+ days past due.  We are obligated to report true and accurate information under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. Section 1681s-2).  Our review of your account found that the information reported to the nationwide consumer reporting agencies accurately reflected the status of your account at that time.  Consequently, we are unable to accommodate your request to remove the reporting.  Altering accurate information, even as a one-time courtesy, is not permitted under the law, and would jeopardize the integrity of our reporting.

On February 18, 2015, a General Forbearance was applied to resolve your delinquency. This means additional negative credit reporting for this delinquency will not occur. It will also prevent the consequences of default including wage garnishment or income tax seizure.  Note, since the forbearance was applied retroactively to cover a period of delinquency, any previous credit reporting will remain.

We recommend that you use the "Contact Us" links on our website, MyFedLoan.org, to submit inquiries via a secure email form.  Please use your email address on file when completing this form.  You may also call us toll-free at (800) 699-2908 to reach our Customer Service Department, which is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 9:00 PM (ET).

Sincerely,

Paul

FedLoan Servicing

--- Original Message ---

On October 23, 2016 at 4:51 PM, XXXXXXXXXXXX wrote:

>First Name: XXXXXX

>Last Name: XXXXXX

>Date of Birth: XXXXX

>Email Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

>Phone Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

>Message: Good evening.

>In the "Upload Forms and Supporting Documents" I just submitted some files. I have a 90% Disability rating from the VA and am medicated for PTSD amoungst other things. I have not worked since March 2016. Currently I am in legal process with Social Security as well as trying to have VA boost my disability rating to 100%. The problem I am having is :

>1) I was under the assumption that "Student loans" were 1 loan, currently it shows I have 12.

>2) I ended up being 7 months behind on my payments - I was under the influence that U.o.P had contacted yall to extend my payback another 6 months as I had limited income at the time of loss of funding. Also with all the numerous scams constantly bombarding my phone and email I dont know who to believe.

>

>Since all (12) loans went 7 months late ( Again I did not realize it ) I am currently 84 payments behind on my credit report Vantage 3.0 ( I have included screen shots). This is decimating my credit. Altough I am eligable for a VA home loan, and have been working to improve my credit score for better rates and chance of approval ...... I simply wont be able to secure funding with this on my report.

>

>I am trying to relocate my family to an actual home, we are tired of wasting our money renting, to pay someone elses mortgage.

>

>Is there anyway possible to remove this major blemish from my credit report?