Question

Ammalamb

An account was settled with collection agency, original creditor sent balance to another agency.
We had a DIRECTV account that went to collections and was settled with them 12/2015. Today we received a letter from another collection agency for the BALANCE of that settlement. My husband called them, they said that if we wanted service again (which we DON'T) we would have to pay the balance. I get that part, what I don't get, is it legal for them to send the balance to another collection agency, even though it was settled with another?

P.S.

My husband called the new collection agency and they said they would send the balance back to Directv...for now... and gave him some web address  that I can't find. I went to their website and submitted a billing problem. I'm not too confident that they will even acknowledge it. I have read HORRIBLE things about them.