Question

Danny117

Am i able to lease a $50,000 car?
I got approved for my first secured card of $200 from capital one in December of 2015. I've been using it responsibily (not letting the statement close with more than 60$) and i have been paying on time. I have around 5 inquiries that are on my report. My credit score is currently 646 with Transunion and 635 with equifax. I recently got approved for the Amex everyday card with a credit limit of $1000. I have been told that that is a great step forward and will open good opportunities in the future ( But is it?). I was looking at leasing a car that is priced at MSRP $50,000 but the the lease loan will be for about (roughly) $27,000 for 36 Months. I wanted to apply in August. I will have used my Amex card for about two months and from using the credit card simulator i SHOULD be around 700-730. I plan on putting around $2000. Now here is the catch, i only have those two lines of credit and in August i will have a total credit history of around 8 months. Is it even worth trying?

Most Helpful Response

I have to question your credit and thought process. I think you really need to concentrate on building your credit score to a minimum of 760 at least. With your credit score you would be paying a lot of extra interest. Paying interest is always wasted money, unless it's deductible as in the case of mortgage loans.  

Building credit takes time. Please read the articles here and other sites to educate yourself further on leasing and credit in general.