Question

Jhwk408

After Cancelling a CC how long will it remain on my account?
I started taking my finances seriously and realized my credit score is terrible (590) Now me and my supervisor are setting me up financially before I separate from the Military. When I first got in I got a Military Star card, which is a horrible card in every way, so I paid it off and canceled it. My question is how long will it stay on my account? I've missed 2 payments but all of my other cards are paid on time. (don't know if that helps or not)

K/r!

It is part of your credit history and will remain on the report for 7 years from the date it was cancelled. The removal of that credit limit from your total credit available may hurt your score, but that can be remedied in due time with proper credit management on your part.