Question

Somethingname

Advice for derogatory accounts

I currently have a few derogatory accounts. Some are 4 yrs old and for small amounts. I want to be able to purchase a vehicle and soon be qualified for a home mortgage. I'm not entirely sure how to go about this. Talking to a loan officer at the bank wasn't much help. I want to start by paying off some of the small ones to get them off my credit. So how should I start? Should I send a letter? Should I dispute the debt? If I do either of those will it make the debt current instead of showing its 4 years old? 

What are the chances of getting a home mortgage with a few derogatory marks on my credit. But for small amounts? Do I need to have a completely clean record?

also another question different than the one above. Playing with the credit score simulator, ck is showing that if I open a new credit card my score should rise by over 20 points. I currently have 2 credit cards that I have recently opened that I'm using to rebuild my credit. I keep my utilization very low. Around 5%

should I request to have a higher limit, or should I go ahead and open a 3rd credit card? Would a higher limit help my score since I'm already using a very low ulilization?

im trying to quickly increase my credit, I have the money to pay off my old debts. Wondering what the best advice to go about this is?