Question

DAS359

Accounts closed by bankruptcy

I don't know where my question went... my question was,

I understand that a Chapter 7 bankruptcy will stay on my report for 10 years. But what about the individual accounts that were closed by the bankrupcty? What I mean is, the bankruptcy appears under the Public Records section. But the actual accounts that were closed, will they remain for 10 years as well or could they come off after 7 years?

Thanks

Bankruptcy does not remove the accounts from your credit report immediately.  Those accounts were part of your credit history then and will remain part of your history for 7 years from the date they first became delinquent.  The notice of the bankruptcy will be on your credit reports for up to ten years.  The articles on this site explain credit very well and I hope you take the time to read them again.