Question

DAS359

Accounts closed by bankruptcy

I don't know where my question went... my question was,

I understand that a Chapter 7 bankruptcy will stay on my report for 10 years. But what about the individual accounts that were closed by the bankrupcty? What I mean is, the bankruptcy appears under the Public Records section. But the actual accounts that were closed, will they remain for 10 years as well or could they come off after 7 years?

Thanks

Bankruptcy does not remove the accounts from your credit report immediately.  Those accounts were part of your credit history then and will remain part of your history for 7 years from the date they first became delinquent.  The notice of the bankruptcy will be on your credit reports for up to ten years.  The articles on this site explain credit very well and I hope you take the time to read them again.

Dslgx6

I understand that things included in bankruptcy will stay on your report until it drops off in 10 years, but I filed chapter 7 in 2013 and the car finance company I included is the only one that continues sending "activity" to the bureaus every month although the remarks says "closed/ included in bankruptcy". Is this legal, or should I dispute this information on the grounds that my last activity should be my discharge date, like my other debts listed in bankruptcy. It feels like an attempt for them to be able to come after me 15 years later