Question

mdp32266

A Vantagescore Vent
So, this isn't as much a question as it is a vent for how out of whack a V-Score can be compared to FICO scores.

I've had an active month in regards to inquiries and new credit cards...and what (in the long term) will be a successful month. HOWEVER, Transunion has taken this occasion to drop my V-score from 711 to 607. Even though all of my other scores took a minor hit, TU is now 56 points lower than any other V-score or FICO score I have, including my TU FICO score, which actually INCREASED 22 points since last month with the same info.

Comparing my report from last month to this one, I have added a couple inquiries, added two new accounts, had my available credit go up $1000, and my usage went from 11 to 12%. I also had one of my two collections fall off of my report. The one major change is that I accidentally increased the usage of one of my cards from 30 to 70% (a $500 limit card) by charging the purchase to the wrong CapOne card.

The sad thing is that all of my reports have many of the same updates, and every score has either gone up or lost just a few points...I've analyzed the h*** out of the data (yes, I'm a tad obsessed because I'm going to be mortgage hunting next year), and I'm not sure this is any more than a cautionary tale as to how fickle a credit score can be. Maybe it's a new policy that increasing a credit limit and having a collection removed is a 100-point TU V-score penalty? ;)

Anyway, I'm sure it will recover in the next couple of months, but it makes no sense to me. Welcome to the wonderful world of credit scores.

It is quite apparent that you have not read any of the articles on this site (which is here to TEACH about credit) or you would not have made such a nonsensical rant since there are numerous ways of calculating credit scores and no specific one is correct nor does a specific score apply to all situations.