Question

Posted in Banking

mmblack45

650 credit score with consigner
My husband has a 650 credit score. He wants to take out a loan for $15000 for a turn key business. My dad is willing to cosign with him. I don't know my dads exact score, but I imagine it is pretty good and he owns a home. What are the chances of my husband being able to get that amount? He already has an auto loan on his credit, but all of his payments are on time.

More than credit scores go into loans. Also, you didn't say what type of credit score. Most lenders will use a version of FICO scores. Overall credit profile is just as important. Income will be a big factor, debt to income ratio, time at employment, etc. Not knowing any of that, I do not know what the chances are. If your dad cannot afford to pay this loan in full without any financial hardship, he should NOT cosign. Cosigning is usually a terrible idea as the future is unforseen.