Question

Roseyaa

589 credit score and need know what steps to improve score in order to purchase home
I have a number of student loans in deferment. 2 credit cards with credit limits both below 500. Keep at 30% and pay on time. I have 7 accounts in collections. 5 which will fall off in a year. I want to buy a house within 6 months. Looking for ways to improve my score. Do I pay all of my collections off? Or just the two that won't fall off in a year? Also, are my student loans in deferment not helping my crcredit score?

I recommend waiting to purchase a house until after you get your finances straightened out. Since student loans do not have a statute of limitations, they will not just drop off your credit report until 7 years after they are paid and, under the current system, they remain a debt that must be paid until such time as they are, no matter how long it will take.  And that will affect your credit score.