Question

Mountainliving729

5 yrs ago, had a "lease to own" not make his end of deal, now i have ding on my credit!
The bank was one who actually called me and said "payments aren't being made & we are foreclosing", so I evicted lessor, got a room mate, moved back in, sold house 2yrs later & I have 11 months of late/missed payments showing up on me!! is there any way to fix this??

Most Helpful Response

Contact the bank

I doubt they will remove it, but its worth a shot.

I'd start by asking them to provide me copies of any notices sent.  Sounds like they didn't notifiy you of late or missing payments as they were happening.  How did it get to 11 missed payments before they provided written notice.  If  they can't produce that, I'd request that they remove this from your credit report.

If the account is closed and paid in full, they will very likely ignore you because they can't get anything further out of you.  Next step is to dispute the action with each bureau and state that the account was paid in full and you don't agree with the characterization of the report and want it deleted.  They will contact the lender.  A lot of times, if the lender looks at the account and if its closed and paid in full...they don't even respond to the inquiry.  If they don't respond in 30 days, the bureau is supposed to remove it from your record.

Long shot.  Very long shot.  But it may work for you.  Otherwise, I think you're flat out of luck on this one.