Question

familymanindistress

490 credit score with no credit cards dont know where to start to repair
I have very poor credit and never owned a credit card. Also have four open accounts that equal up to $1100 on my credit report. Most of the items on my report is from hospital bills i never paid. I am not shure what will help and what will not help. Thought about going to a credit repair firm or filing bankruptcy but i dont know if those would help or if i should aply for a credit card and pay the open balances off as long as i can get a company letter head stating it will be removed from my credit report first. Not shure what to do or where to start. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Most Helpful Response

Credit repair will cost you more

Credit repair services will charge you about 1000 to take care of your issues. And you'll probably end up having to pay the balances anyway.You can do anything they would do for you if you invest a little time. 

And you don't owe enough for bankruptcy. 

Start with "validation letters"to the CRA's  you can read up on how they work and find templates on line. Try credit.about.com. And  creditInfoCenter.com. 

Yours is not that terrible a situation. It may seem like it. But take control of your credit don't let it control you.