Question

truman47

34 and no credit. Where to begin?
My BF is 34 and never had a credit card or taken out a loan. He has a checking account but no savings, owns his car out right and pays his bills on time. He wants to start building credit and wants to get a credit card to help build credit. Since he is new to the world of personal finance, he is looking for some resources to read up on building credit, saving money, etc. The problem is, most of what is online is geared toward 18 year olds. Is there anything out there for an adult getting a bit of a late start on personal finance?

HE CAN DO MANY THINGS

GET A CREDIT CARD. IM UNSURE AS TO WHAT IS SCORE IS BUT HE MUST START LOW WITH A CARD THAT WILL ATLEAST TRUST HIM WITH LOANING MONEY. TRY FIRST PREIMER BANK. THE APR IS HIGH BECAUSE THEY ARE LOANING TO PEOPLE WITH BAD CREDIT. THEY WILL MOST LIKELY GIVE HIM A 300 LIMIT. WORK THAT AND MORE OFFERS WILL COME. THERE IS A 95 DOLLAR FEE TO PROCESS AND WITH YOU GET THE CARE IT WILL BE 225 DUE TO THE FIRST YEAR INTRODUCTORY MONTHY FEE WILL BE CHARGED NO WORRY PAY IT BACK OVER TIME OR ALL IN FULL. JUST KEEP IN MIND TO ONLY SPEND 100 DOLLARS OF THE 300 CREDIT LIMIT. (I HAVE ONE OF THESE CARDS CURRENTLY) TRY CREDIT ONE BANK NOT CAPITAL ONE BUT CREDIT ONE. THEY GAVE ME A 300 LIMIT ONE MONTH AFTER I GOT THE ABOVE CARD. NO FEE TO START THE CARD JUST APPLY AND WHEN IT COME SAME THING ONLY USE 100 OF THE 300 LIMIT. THEY GAVE ME A 200 DOLLAR INCREASE AFTER THREE MONTHS. JUST MAKE SURE YOU PAY ALL YOUR BILLS ON TIME NEVER MAKE THE STANDARD FEE ALWAYS PAY MORE. I CAN GO ON AND ON ABOUT THESE CARDS. I NOW HAVE FOUR. TWO OF WITH I EXPLAINED TO YOU. I ALSO HAVE A CITI CARD WITH AN 1000 LIMIT AND A DISCOVER IT CARD WITH A 1700 LIMIT ON IT. IM NEW TO THIS CREDIT STUFF BUT IM DOING PRETTY GOOD. SINCE MY CAR WILL BE PAID IN FULL THIS DEC 2013 GOOD. THOSE ARE UNSECURED CARDS. HE CAN TRY TO GET SECURED CARDS WERE HE DEPOST HIS OWN MONEY ON A CARD AND SPEND IT JUST AS YOU WOULD A CREDIT CARD THAT WILL GIVE HIM CREDIT ALSO. LUCK TO YOU AND YOURS