We think it's important for you to understand how we make money. It's pretty simple, actually. The offers for financial products you see on our platform come from companies who pay us. The money we make helps us give you access to free credit scores and reports and helps us create our other great tools and educational materials.
Compensation may factor into how and where products appear on our platform (and in what order). But since we generally make money when you find an offer you like and get, we try to show you offers we think are a good match for you. That's why we provide features like your Approval Odds and savings estimates.
Of course, the offers on our platform don't represent all financial products out there, but our goal is to show you as many great options as we can.
|Great sign-up bonus||Not the highest cash back rate|
|Consistent, simple cash back rate||Charges a foreign transaction fee|
|No annual fee|
|Low introductory APR for purchases|
5 things to know about the Chase Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card
1. Cash back can help you offset business expenses
If you’re on a tight budget, the Chase Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card could help you offset some of your business expenses by redeeming your cash back as a statement credit.
- Sign-up bonus — Earn a sign-up bonus of $500 cash back after spending $3,000 on purchases during the first 3 months after account opening. You can redeem your cash back as a statement credit, or have it directly deposited to most U.S. checking and savings accounts.
- Simple cash back — You’ll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase you make for your business.
- Employee cards — If you’ve got a staff, you can offer employee cards for no additional fee. This way you’ll earn the same 1.5% cash back on all of their work-related purchases. (But make sure you only give employee cards to those you trust, because you’ll be on the hook to repay every penny they spend.)
The Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card comes without an annual fee, so you don’t have to worry about that driving up your costs.
2. Simple cash back can help you focus on running your business
Some business cash back cards have confusing reward structures that take a lot of brainpower to master.
But not the Chase Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card.
With this card, earning cash back is simple: All you have to do is swipe your card and you’ll earn the same flat rate on every purchase you make for your business.
That should leave you with more time to focus on running your company.
3. It’s not the highest cash back rate
The Chase Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card makes it simple to earn cash back. But if you’re willing to put a little more effort into maximizing your rewards, you might be able to earn more cash back with another business credit card that earns more rewards in certain bonus categories, like the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card or Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card.
Ask yourself what’s more important to you: crunching the numbers so you can earn more rewards, or spending that time focusing on growing your business?What’s the best Chase Ink business credit card?
4. Intro APR offer could help you grow your business
The Chase Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card could help you grow your small business.
If your company is short on cash, the Chase Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card could provide the short-term financing you need to help you get up and running or finance a new project. That’s because the card offers an introductory 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months your account is open.
After the promotional rate expires, the purchase APR jumps to a regular variable rate of 14.99% - 20.99%. So make sure you have a plan to pay back what you borrow before the intro offer ends or else you could end up paying a lot in interest.
5. Not great for business trips
You might want to think twice before bringing the Chase Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card on your next business trip.
The card charges a foreign transaction fee of 3% — so if you’re traveling overseas, you’ll pay even more on business purchases you make with this card.
And unlike some of the other Chase Ultimate Rewards® credit cards, this card doesn’t allow you to transfer your points to airline or hotel transfer partners to redeem through their programs. While you can redeem your points for travel directly through the Chase portal, using transfer partners will require you to move your points to a different Chase Ultimate Rewards card that includes the benefit.
If you travel for work on a regular basis, you might be better off with the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card, which charges no foreign transaction fees and allows you to redeem your points through transfer partners.
Who this card is good for
The Chase Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card may be helpful for business owners who want to offset expenses with simple cash back that helps them stay focused on running their company.
But if you’re trying to maximize your points or you travel a lot for work and you’re looking for perks, other business cards out there could be a better fit — like our picks for the best credit cards for business travel.
Not sure this card is right for you? Consider these alternative business cards.
If you’re having second thoughts about the Chase Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card, consider one of these business credit cards instead.
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card: This card is good for business trips and maximizing your points.
- Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card: Consider this card if you’re setting up your home office.
- Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business: This card could be a good choice if you want to boost your cash back rewards.