Question

Cookie1953

Do I need a checking account?
I have recently had a Ch 7 BK discharged in 11/2013. I have only 1 credit card I use with very low limit - $300.00 (secured). My question is do I need to open a checking account. I have not had one for over 5 years. Should I look to open a second credit card or just increase my credit limit with existing capone secured card?

Checking account won't impact your credit report at all, so that is up to you.  Definitely get more credit to build up your score.  I suggest visiting your local credit union and ask them for a "Credit Builder Loan", credit unions are great lenders all in all, so getting a relationship with one now will benefit you in the future.    Best of luck!