Question

Blkhip

Should I pay collections?
The debt collectors broke me down with all the calls I agreed to payment arrangements and just found out that paying them off will not bring up my credit score. So should I finish paying them off or use that money for something more beneficial?

Pay to Delete

this will only work if you have the money up front.

You can negotatie that you wil pay them in full if they agree to not report it to your credit. It's a very common thing people do and it will work if you can pay it all up front. 

Blkhip

Ok since posting this I have read a lot on credit. I've heard about the pay to delete. The only problem is ive read testimonials about the collector not holding there end of the deal resulting sometimes with a person paying for the debt twice. Any knowledge or ways to insure they do there part?

It depends on what you owe and if you could realistically get this debt knocked out. Keep in mind that they may have grounds to sue you in court if you quit paying, would they, I don't know, probably depends on if the amount is worth the cost to recover it. Start reading all that you can on credit, it will benefit you.