Question

Juliaxo182

Pay off a collection that i dont have an account number for?
I have 2 accounts in collections right now
One of them is a "joint account" for over 5000$ and is from an old apartment that I had with my sister that's really hurting my chance of ever being able to open a lease.
The other is only over 200$ from an account that my sister opened with time Warner cable... That's right, I didn't open the account or even use the internet.. it was my sister.

I'm willing to completely pay off both completely on my own but I don't know how. I never received any sort of bill or letter or anything. I don't want to restart the accounts by calling and asking but I need an account number of some type in order to negotiate a payment don't I?
It would also be cool if a pay for delete was possible but I'm not resting my hope on that. I'm really young only 19 and my score is already a 520 and I'm afraid to even attempt to apply for an apartment. I just really need some help.

You won't need an account number in order to work with a creditor on outstanding items.  They can look it up in their system using just your name.   The sooner you contact them, the sooner you can begin the process of having them paid off and improve your credit.