Question

tdanley0906

Pay for delete collections
How exactly do I go about requesting a PFD for some medical bills that have gone into collections? I called the collections agency and the woman said that if it is paid they can delete it but from what I've read it's best to get that in writing. I requested they send an email will the accounts details and the payment option but all I received was a billing statement pretty much. Also I have not received anything from them in the mail, I only know about this from seeing it on my credit report. These are bills from 2 years ago as well.

It is best to get it in writing, but many companies will not agree to do that. You may consider recording the phone call and getting a verbal agreement. If they are unwilling to put anything in writing, get a device to record the phone call, call them up and ask for a pay for delete, if they agree, then pay them. You have the recording for evidence (make sure it would hold up in your state). Do some reading on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) to make sure they are not violating the law in anyway and contact an FDCPA attorney if they don't hold up their end of the bargain.