Question

sisinini76

If an account has been removed from collections, do you need to continue paying it?
I have an account that was removed from my collections due to the 7 year rule. I am still making payments. Do I need to continue making payments?

Possibly. While the credit reporting time period cannot be restarted, the "statute of limitations" to be sued for debt can and it is possible that you did that since you were in a payment agreement with the collector. I advise you to keep paying until you consult with a consumer law attorney that practices in your state to see what they advise.