Question

AceCredit126

i owe the library and would like to pay it off but its in collections If i pay it off will it hurt?
So i owe the library and they've sent my debt to collect Ions. I know all about dispute.transunion.com (Which has helped tremendously!) but i want to pay them off cause i would still like to be a library member..I've read somewhere that having *PAID* on a debt in collections may actually hurt your score, so i guess my question is-- Should i dispute the account with the collection agency THEN go in and pay The library to avoid having the PAID on it? Currently looking for an apt so my credit score has to be in tip top shape so any help would be appreciated!!!

Unpaid would be bad.  What you should do is do some research on PFD (Pay for Delete).