Question

bcarpenter7

How high will my score increase if I pay off a collections debt?

I should add that I am in the process of paying off 2 medical bills that were in collections and writing to the credit agencies and having them remove these debts from my credit report. If I pay off both of them, will my score raise by 20 or 40 points? Is it 20 points PER debt paid or 20 points altogether? 

Also, how hard is it to get the collections agencies to remove medical debts? I don't want to have to wait 7 years for them to be removed! 

Most Helpful Response

Give these guys a call 1  877  235  0324  Credit Pro's they can help.

bcarpenter7

Thank you! 

bcarpenter7

I just tried calling them several times today, but never got through. It rang and the automated message came up to press one to speak to someone. Once I did that, it rang once and then nothing. I tried a couple more times after that and the same thing happened.