Question

Wb9

A new collection agency is demanding payment for debt paid in full to original collection agency
I paid off an outstanding debt to collection agency, in full. But now a different collection agency is demanding payment of same debt, even tho I acquired proof from agency I paid in full. Apparently this debt was assigned more than one account number so it looks like a different debt, but is dated on same date. Since this was an ER visit, it's obviously the same debt! It made me feel so good getting it paid off..... But as it turns out, don't know why I bothered now

Read the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) and consult with an FDCPA law firm if you are being harrassed by this new collector.