loanDepot Mortgage

Years in the industry

$212B

Total funded loans

Days average closing time

Information is provided by the mortgage lender. Average closing time is calculated using lock to fund dates in 2017.

3.4

Great Experience

One of the best and knowledgeable customer experience working with Shila at Loan Depot in Orange County.

Sep 25 2020
The process was a complete nightmare.

The nightmare began right after I received the initial approval. The loan processor was completely inept. After many angry calls to managers and threatening to pull out of the loan , I finally closed. What should have been a simple refinance with uncomplicated financials took 4 months to close. Never again. Not worth the headache.

We don’t have rates available from loanDepot Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Purchase • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

We didn’t find rates for you right now. See what would happen if something changes.

Explore buying power simulator

Refinance rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Refinance • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Loan balance: $230,000 • Est. home value: $287,500

Explore refinance calculator

All reviews (617)

Feb 23 2021
Run far far away and never use them

If I could give zero stars I would. I started the refi process in early Oct 2020, with the process finally ending Feb 23, 2021. After months of waiting, changing loan status (conditionally approved, approved and final approved, inactive), non-existent communication about the process, and general incompetence displayed at every turn I was unceremoniously denied. I only found out when I logged in and the loan status was "Inactive". To echo another reviewer, this was a nightmare from start to finish. I would never, ever, ever recommend anyone to use LoanDepot. RUN AWAY.

Feb 22 2021
Good rates, poor servicing

The approval and closing process was what I would consider average. I have had better and I have had significantly worse. I give two stars due to their poor service once they begin servicing your loan. For whatever reason they never can get accurate escrow data and I am constantly having to contact them to fix my escrow account. I have had previous loans with wells fargo and Bank of America and their websites and customer service were far superior to LoanDepot. LoanDepot has better rates but thats about it from my experience.

Great Experience

Excellent service

Knowledgeable, friendly and quick. Also a great portal.

Feb 20 2021
Awesome service, and a very helpful, user friendly website

Loan Depot has been my mortgage from the initial purchase of my home. The experience was painless, seemless and smooth. I just refinanced though Loan Depot to obtain a VRRL, and this too was an amazing experience, thanks Loan Depot.

Happy

I’m happy with this lender, easy fast and reliable loan specialist, the best thing is I got the lowest interest rate

Best loan ever!

The best! It was so easy and I love all the tools they have for me to use.

The Switch

Loan Depot picked up where I left off with another lender that was less than responsive and I was completely frustrated. They were able to pick up all my information and my loan closed in about 21 days, all involved were very professional. If the need arises again, I will use Loan Depot as long as their service is as good as it was the first time. Thanks Loan Depot!

Feb 08 2021
First Time Homebuyer Experience

Could not rave about this company enough. As a first time home buyer, Josh explained every little detail and was beyond helpful. He worked so hard to make sure we stayed in our desired budget. Would use them again for sure.

Feb 08 2021
Our new home

Very thorough and able to make things happen. Our loan specialist Tiffany Williams was great and we were in constant contact.

We don’t have rates available from loanDepot Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Purchase rates

Explore buying power simulator

Refinance rates

Explore refinance calculator

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product.

The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness.

The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which we receive compensation. It is this compensation that enables us to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. The compensation we receive does not affect the order or placement of mortgage offers on this site. We strive to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.

Please see the additional terms and conditions related to any Credit Karma mortgage promotions.