loanDepot Mortgage

Years in the industry

$212B

Total funded loans

Days average closing time

Information is provided by the mortgage lender. Average closing time is calculated using lock to fund dates in 2017.

3.5

Mar 02, 2021
Customer service is desperate and rude

I gave it 5 stars so you can see this review at the top. My experience with Loandepot was very unpleasant, they tried to pressure me to make a decision the same day the provided me with the rate. When I told them I wanted to take time to think about it and shop around they turned straight-out rude. I would not recommend LoanDepot at all.

Sep 25, 2020
The process was a complete nightmare.

The nightmare began right after I received the initial approval. The loan processor was completely inept. After many angry calls to managers and threatening to pull out of the loan , I finally closed. What should have been a simple refinance with uncomplicated financials took 4 months to close. Never again. Not worth the headache.

We don’t have rates available from loanDepot Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Refinance • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Loan balance: $230,000 • Est. home value: $287,500

We didn’t find rates for you right now. See what would happen if something changes.

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Purchase • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Explore buying power simulator

All reviews (914)

Jul 25, 2021
Amazing

My mortgage broker was amazing! She went above and beyond to get me into my home. Not to mention we were in the middle of a pandemic and it was such an easy process to buy my home

Jul 25, 2021
Loan Depot the Worst

The loan depot is the worst. They make promises of discounts and don't come through. After a month of back and forth with them. They couldn't come through with the VA loan. VA refinancing states no appraisal needed yet loan depot said I needed an appraisal and at my expense. They also said records showed me missing 2 payments in the past. I've never been late or missed any payments. I even put them on a 3way call with my past two Mortgage lenders, who verified that I was in good standings with them and no records of missed or late payments. After all this, I told them to just close my case. I was going elsewhere. They had the nerve to send me a package stating case denied due to insufficient mortgage payments. **THEY ARE THE WORST!!!

Jul 24, 2021
Won't use this broker again

The mortgage broker made numerous mistakes on not just the first mortgage, but the refi as well. Too much in a hurry, so he made errors that translated in to longer closing times due to refiled paperwork. Hugely annoying.

Jul 23, 2021
Longer time than we anticipated

It took much longer to get a mortgage through them than we expected. It was hard with us being in Georgia and their office being in California. Trying to get paperwork faxed/scanned back and forth was difficult. Not to mention the time change; it made it very hard to get a hold of anyone during business hours. The rate was good but it was very time consuming to get this loan. It was a loan with a VA certificate involved so that may have been part of the problem. What took others just a month or so, took us 3 months to push through.

Jul 23, 2021
Great lenders

They were very patient and helped ensure I got the best rate.

Review of refinance experience

Everything went smoothly and Sarah Thomas is a star!

Ok but nothing fantastic

Initially had good communication then everything went silent as to loan status other than a website to go to . I like a human to talk too not a website

Recommend LoanDepot

Great experience. The process was organized, detailed, and went extremely smooth.

Great experience!

Fast and friendly and very easy refi. Office was closed because of covid but everything went do smooth.

A pleasure to deal with

Work very hard to get me the loan I needed. Upfront about all cost. A pleasure to deal with

We don’t have rates available from loanDepot Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Explore buying power simulator

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product.

The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness.

The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.

Please see the additional terms and conditions related to any Credit Karma mortgage promotions.