loanDepot Mortgage

Years in the industry

$212B

Total funded loans

Days average closing time

Information is provided by the mortgage lender. Average closing time is calculated using lock to fund dates in 2017.

3.4

Mar 02 2021
Customer service is desperate and rude

I gave it 5 stars so you can see this review at the top. My experience with Loandepot was very unpleasant, they tried to pressure me to make a decision the same day the provided me with the rate. When I told them I wanted to take time to think about it and shop around they turned straight-out rude. I would not recommend LoanDepot at all.

Sep 25 2020
The process was a complete nightmare.

The nightmare began right after I received the initial approval. The loan processor was completely inept. After many angry calls to managers and threatening to pull out of the loan , I finally closed. What should have been a simple refinance with uncomplicated financials took 4 months to close. Never again. Not worth the headache.

We don’t have rates available from loanDepot Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Refinance • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Loan balance: $230,000 • Est. home value: $287,500

We didn’t find rates for you right now. See what would happen if something changes.

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Purchase • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Explore buying power simulator

All reviews (639)

Great rates

Got a great rate plus good customer service. I made a mistake on a payment and they refund my service fee.

May 07 2021

When you ask for a supervisor they won't let you talk to one and customer service is awful

Great disappointment

Typical salesmanship type hype. The sales pitch that they are so glad to meet you, be able to help you, and of course so envy of you. First conversation about fee’s, cost, and savings sound good. At closing after the time and effort you have to put in to try and receive these it comes to fruition that the savings is minimal at best. Greatly disappointed in Credit Karma and Loan Depot.

May 06 2021
Looks nice at first...

I would not recommend this company. When trying to get a payoff statement of my loan with them, they charged me for the previous two months of PMI (that had already been paid) and then started charging me 30 dollars everytime a payoff statement was requested (my new company requested one early in the process and one before closing just like any company does when closing a refinance) . I would strongly recommend avoiding them. They seem like a good option at first and then come up with lots of fees all over the place that most people would probably glaze over.

May 03 2021
Poor service

Poor communication and customer service. We had locked in a loan and were in the process for a month and half only to find out that we were no where near closing. I’m addition, they botched mine and my husbands information. This place a mess, we ended up cancelling our loan.

Apr 30 2021
All that glitters is NOT gold!

Great marketing, good rates, pretty clear disclosures and simple portal to upload documents. The issue is all internal. Very, very poor communication between the originator, processor(s), and underwriting. I was asked multiple times to re-upload or email the same information. They dropped the ball several times right up to closing. I am actually sitting in a closing attorneys office now, almost an hour after the appointed time, waiting for LD to "fix" the disclosures. What a nightmare! I would never recommend LoanDepot to anyone I care about.

Apr 28 2021
Not Happy Customers

My husband and I begin this process in January and we’re to close last week got moved to this week and now still not closing they can’t find the paper work not communicating with each other one person is saying one thing and another is saying something different the rates are good but their level of professionalism is horrible we have given them a deadline if we don close by next Friday we will be pulling our loan. Take my advice do your homework first you want a company that will do what’s promised and not take you in circles your tome is valuable and your worth it!

Apr 21 2021
Getting answers

Never had any bad experiences with Loan depot. When I needed to talk to customer service I was never disappointed with the feed back I was getting from them. They were always courteous and knowledgeable.

Apr 13 2021
Loandepot, a better alternative to big banks

Loandepot is an independent mortgage lender who I was introduced to when I was inundated by calls when you fill one of those online forms to get a rate quote. Luckily, the first call came in from loandepot, and the ease, their customer service and rates made me signup with them by end of the same day. They are a little slow with the loan process and everything, but eventually, you get the locked rates, so it doesn’t hurt much.

Apr 10 2021
Once a customer of Loan Depot if rates go down free refi.

Switch to Loan Depot over a year ago at 3% and if rate drops no charge to refi again to reduce to 2.49% waiving all fees. That was great.

We don’t have rates available from loanDepot Mortgage.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Explore buying power simulator

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product.

The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness.

The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which we receive compensation. It is this compensation that enables us to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. The compensation we receive does not affect the order or placement of mortgage offers on this site. We strive to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.

Please see the additional terms and conditions related to any Credit Karma mortgage promotions.