Xceed Financial Credit Union

Sep 22, 2016
Out Dated and Out Sourced
misanthropical Account Holder

I refinanced in August of 2015 through Xceed Financial Credit Union. I was able to cut my APR in half and the deal was easy to complete through a company I used to find the best refinance deal for me.
The paperwork all seemed normal but when I researched Xceed I noticed they seem to be based in one area and the call center seems to be outsourced completely. I figured, "Oh well, I usually handle my business online anyway so this will work out fine for me."

When my first bill came it had payment instructions I enrolled online. I'm pretty tech saavy and I could not for the life of me figure out how to pay online so I paid through the automated phone system (which by the way only works during regular business hours 9-6 Mon-Fri). I did that for August, September, October, November and December (since maiing a check came with all these crazy stipulations about how they can take a ridiculous amount of time to post the check to your account). I got an annual statement and it showed a late fee of $20 for October, November and December. I looked back at my previous statements and NONE of them showed any late fees. I was making the payments on time but the phone system I was using was taking days to post the payment to my account. It's like they just slipped them in there! I filed a complaint on the BBB and someone contacted me and removed the late fees. I also told him about the automated system only working during regular business hours and he assured me it works 24/7. To this day if you call it outside regular business hours there is no option for it. Sorry, I just find this all so inconvenient and almost shady business practice. Especially how the late fees weren't appearing until the end of the year statement... What's that about??

Anyway, I'm considering trying the online payment option because I'm tired of having the fight with their super sensitive automated payment system and paying $5 to do it. But to pay online you must either open a checking account with them or link your current checking account... I'm just still not comfortable doing that.

Overall it's not the worst experience ever but it could be better. Lesson learned I'm sticking with reputable, more well-known banks for my business. At least I'm more motivated to get it paid off now!

Aug 01, 2016
Bad experience
Mo0o Account Holder

Application process takes long. A lot of paperwork with almost no help. In my paperwork, I filled automatic payment from my checking. Apparently there was something  missing. Instead of reaching out to me to get the information, they just didn't process the payment. I got approved and no one reached out to me. No username, no online login. Nothing. I had to call them and obviously wait on the phone for about 20 minutes. They told me my payment is due in two days and I have no payment method on file. They do not allow you to pay online. You have to either write checks or fill paperwork and email or fax it. It is a pain to deal with. I have some money saved and seriously considering paying off my loan just to avoid dealing with them anymore. It is like a credit union from the 1980s. Not up-to-date with technology. Do not use them unless you have to.

May 17, 2016
no issues, friendly customer service.

No issues so far since I have only had a car loan there about 18 months. I recently applied for platinum credit card over the telephone and  should be hearinf from them by today. Current credit rating is 705 !

Feb 17, 2016
They are extremely rude

Everytime I call this bank to speak to someone regarding my auto loan the employee sounds extremely annoyed to be on the phone. They speak to their customers in a very condescending tone. I refinanced my vehicle with this credit union and I must say this was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made.