Credit Union Reviews

State Employees' Credit Union (SECU)

3.75 15 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-10 of 15Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next
happy Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

always the best in all departments been with them over 41 years,plan to keep them

smutty's review was:

Mar 01, 2013 Reply

smutty(3, 6)

Review by smutty

I love this credit union.  The customer service is fantastic, friendly and efficient.  Nobody "passes the buck and/or blame" like you see at big banks. If there is something a teller doesn't know, they'll find someone in the bank, in person, who does.  Then again, you can always email them and get answers that way quickly too.  There are tons of branches all over NC.  If you're not in NC, the only fees I've encountered using another ATM, is the ATM provider's fee.  The maintence fees are low ($1/month) and they've got alot of flexible loan programs.   The website is great.  Not only the typically account access, but access to things like kelly blue book and tax info.  Just an overall great place!

Natalie92's review was:

Jun 26, 2011 Reply

Natalie92(4, 9)

Review by Natalie92

Excellent customer service; Decisions based on each member's particular needs; and branches statewide. SECU deserves every star they receive because they have earned it: The best of the best.

myraven's review was:

Mar 07, 2012 Reply

myraven(7, 3)

Review by myraven

Member since 1985 Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I would have given 5 stars for "customer service", but I had a Branch Manager disapprove my home refinance application which I found out about 18 months later from the Area Manger  should not have been disapproved or stopped by the Branch Manager.  2 weeks later my wife and I had our home refinanced successfully.  My father inlaw had told me back in 1985 that I should establish a good financial relationship with this credit union because they are very loyal to it's members, and he was right.

Noell6's review was:

Oct 17, 2012 Reply

Noell6(2, 10)

Review by Noell6

Excellent products and service.  Free change counting.

Low cost stock and mutual fund investment is also available.

Nov 04, 2011 Reply

I am SO happy to be a member of  the North Carolina State Employees Credit Union.  It is convenient to my home, and banking on-line is also very helpful.  The staff all know what they're doing, and they're professional and friendly.  SECU is worth my highest review.

PFB

pb1023's review was:

May 22, 2011 Reply

pb1023(1, 2)

Review by pb1023

Worked @ SECU Helpful to 6 out of 8 people

This credit union as a fantastic reputation but it has a horrible culture and treats its employees terrible.  I had ZERO of***es in nine months employed, and had great relationships with the members but was constantly treated HORRIBLE by my supervisor.

The credit union claims to care about what is best for the members but really only cares about money.  In branch meeting we were constantly told to push products in order to improve the bottom line regardless of whether or not they members needed the service or even benefited from the service.

Aug 24, 2013 Reply
Quality Service at a Fair Price Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

Love my relationship with the NCSECU.  I have had an account with them since I was 13 and they have always treated me fairly.  Very competitive rates and good customer service keep me coming back to them for me.

drnc03's review was:

Mar 11, 2014 Reply

drnc03(1, 1)

Review by drnc03

very positive experiences with SECU Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I have been a credit union membe since 1979 and all experiences I've had with them have been VERY positive. I highly endorse them for banking needs, mortgage loans, auto loans, checking, and savings accounts.

Feb 02, 2014 Reply

always there when you need them ,top quality service in all departments

smutty's review was:

Nov 01, 2012 Reply

smutty(3, 6)

Review by smutty

Results 1-10 of 15Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of State Employees' Credit Union (SECU)

Financial services from State Employees' Credit Union (SECU) are available to select groups and individuals in North Carolina. Financial products include various checking, savings, money market accounts, auto loans, home equity, mortgages, and credit cards. Online services include bill pay, paperless statements, account alerts, check images, financial calculators, as well as online and mobile phone account access. Customer service is available by email, at branch locations, by mail, or through the twenty-four hour call center.

Founded in 1937 with seventeen members, SECU has grown to over 1.6 million members and $21 billion in assets. Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, State Employees' Credit Union has more than 233 branches throughout North Carolina.

Company Details