4.5

Jun 11, 2017
Good for utilization padding

The APR is high, as are most all private label store cards (Comenity, Synchrony, etc.) I was approved for 250 or 450, as is usually the case with these store cards. I think I applied with a shopping cart offer. With minimal usage and good payment history, I've been approved for a credit limit increase every month after 6 months of opening. Every month between the 11 and 15 I ask for a CLI online, and every month I get another $200. I'm at $2050 now. I've never put more than $200 balance on my card at one time, so it's just lots of free credit. I use it to offset utilization on my other cards, add history, and in case I am travelling and need an extra shirt or something. Very handy.

Jan 21, 2016
Required my utility bill

I have a victoria secret credit card which comes from the same bank that Express uses. I applied thinking it would be just as easy of a process as when i did the same for the VS card. Applied Dec 30th with a CS of 690 and i got the 7 to 10 day message which was fine considering that doesn't automatically mean you've been denied,didnt get my letter until Jan 21st and it wasnt a denial nor acceptance,it said they needed me to verfiy some information over the phone so i called and she said she needed me to send a copy of my ssn,drivers license,and a copy of a utility bill. Reading the reviews for this card no one said they had to send off that type of information,also I live in an apartment so the water is taken care of and I live with my boyfriend and the utility bill is in his name not mine. I'm more than able to pay my own utility bill,I'm just not going to go through the hassle of changning that just to have an Express credit card. I asked if i could send her a copy of my phone bill instead but she said she would have to have a utility bill,i also wasnt too sure about mailing copies of my personal information but hey im new to this whole credit card situation so maybe thats a normal process for other companies as well. All in all my request will not be fulfilled so it won't hurt my credit so im good to apply for other cards which i did earlier for a walmart credit card today and got approved instantly. So i guess my advice would be unless you have a light or water bill (which a lot of people do so im aware this doesnt apply to them) dont waste your time.

Mar 24, 2022
Positive Experience

I applied for the Express credit card because I am a frequent shopper and wanted the additional discounts. I was instantly approved for $550.00

Nov 04, 2017

I honestly do not recall applying for an express card, but I'm sure I did at one point since I do shop at express a lot. I've had my card for at least 1 year. My credit score was in the low 600's my card was approved for 300 then 500 and now I'm in the 800 CL within a year. This card has helped me improve my credit score a lot. I love it, a few pointers tho.. pay your card on time and pay in full to avoid interest. Overall I love this card.

Jul 11, 2017

To NOTE MY FICO 8 CREDIT SCORE WAS A 650 WHEN I APPLIED

Jun 11, 2017
Good for utilization padding

Apr 23, 2017
Great credit builder

This is a higher interest store card that's good for people just starting out with little credit history, or people looking to rebuild their credit. This is the second credit card I've been approved for(I was approved with around a 540 score) and since being approved by them, I've been approved for a Jcrew store card, and the Capital One Platinum. Also, after about 6 months of on time payments my score has jumped 97 points! I'm now a 631 on TU, and a 621 on Equifax! Overall I'm very happy with this company. The online payment system is so easy, so you won't have problems making your payments in a timely manner. The interest that you get is a little high, but that's to be expected with these kinds of cards.

Mar 28, 2017
Great store card

Applied for the card in store and got the dreaded "will be notified in 7-10 business days" a few days later I got a letter in the mail asking me to call their 1800 number for verification. I called and they asked me a few questions sent me a text message asked me to verify that I got the text was approved for $500! I love the store and the rewards points are great. Online bill pay is easy and the customer service is great. When I applied my scores were 603 TU 600 EQ 615 Fico

Mar 20, 2017
Approved $500 without hard pull

Approved $500 instant online without a hard pull (IMPRESSIVE). Have 619TU, 712EQ, 660EX. I check every credit bureau and the hard inquiry no appear. I have Comenity Univision MasterCard 3k limit after a year, I think that the mastercard help me with the Comenity decision for give me credit without a hard inquiry. In love with the approval and Comenity Bank. Thanks Comenity.

Jan 19, 2017
love tis store

got aproved for $250 in dec 2014. Now up to $1650. i like the card for bost in rewards. online banking is easy to use and haven had any problems. hate that all credit increase are in 200 doller amounts though.

Nov 22, 2016
It is, what it is.

I like shopping at Express a lot. I've gotten told I got preapproved many times while shopping. I finally applied and happy to be approved for $500 CL. I'm at 629T and 635 Eq. Points are decent if you shop there a lot, I'm an A List member - I shop there frequently. Customer service at Express has always made me happy. Good card IF you shop there, also makes it easier to afford their clothes, I think.

Oct 09, 2016
So Far So Good

Applied for this card in April was given $200. I used the card literally 3 times highest purchase was $78. Paid the $28 dollar minimum paid the $78 off . Which left me with a zero balance then asked for an increase was raised to $450 thank you EXPRESS