Credit Card Reviews

Chase Amazon.com Rewards Visa® Card

Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 4,464
Data Created: October 01, 2013

65 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 65Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 7   Previous | Next

Amazing rewards. My favorite! Helpful to 6 out of 7 people

I got this card a while ago so I can't tell you what my score was when I got it. I shop a lot on Amazon so this card gives me great rewards. 1% on everything, 2% on gas/grocery, 3% on Amazon purchases. I think I got it when they offered cash back for just applying. There are no minimums to earn rewards or to cash them out. I think points post after each billing period. I use mine on Amazon since they show up as a payment option so there are no complicated redemption steps.

Customer service has always been friendly and helpful. Chase doesn't seem to issue big limits or automatically give increases. I've requested an increase or two and have never had much of an issue. I pay off my card each month so I just wish they'd automatically bump it up for me so that my credit utilization doesn't spike.

I love this card and use it for almost all of my purchases because of the rewards. If you don't keep a revolving balance you can really build up some great rewards. I think I end up getting just below $200 worth of free stuff on Amazon from all the rewards I accumulate.

Danorexic's review was:

Jan 14, 2013 Reply

Danorexic(3, 6)

Review by Danorexic

When they started offering the option to pay for your Amazon purchases directly with your points, I called and asked them if I still get the 3% on the purchases through Amazon, and guess what, the answer is NO.

It's better to pay for the Amazon purchase through the card, then choose "Statement Credit", so it is STILL paying for your purchase, AND you still get your 3% back in points!

Mykeelk's reply was:

May 16, 2013

Mykeelk(2, 27)

Review by Mykeelk

I applied for this card when I saw that unlike the Amazon store card, it gives rewards. Unfortunately, also unlike the Amazon store card, the bank is Chase. I've personally had nothing but bad experiences with them, and this was no exception - they approved me for 1500 when my smallest limit was 2500 and they failed to attached it to my amazon account properly (it was there, but if I actually tried to use it, Amazon would ask for the account number, which I obviously wouldn't have yet). I called customer service and they were unable to do anything to fix it.

However, once I actually got the card, it worked pretty well. Here are the rewards:

3 points on Amazon.com

2 points on eligible gas, dining, drugstore and office supply stores

1 point everywhere else

1 point on everything else is no big deal, since virtually every rewards card has that. And 2 points on gas & dining isn't much better - they are not only very common, but often beat by other cards (rotating 5% cards like discover it have these frequently, and Paypal's card always gives 3 points on gas & dining). So there are better gas & dining cards out there.

2 points on drugstore and office supply stores is a little more tempting - as these categories are far less common on rewards cards. If you go to the drugstore or office supply store frequently, this is a nice bonus to this card.

Of course, the REAL reason almost anyone wants this card is for the 3 points on Amazon purchases. This includes almost everything on Amazon.com, including digital downloads, Prime fresh orders, stuff on amazon.com NOT sold by amazon itself, surprisingly - paying for a prime subscription, and even more surprisingly, gift cards. Another reviewer on here said it didn't apply to the kindle - since I don't have one myself, I cannot confirm or deny this. But you can safely assume anything else on amazon.com will be tripled.

As an aside, I must give Chase credit for not rounding points down - if you buy something that costs $10.01, you will earn 10.01 points (or 20.02 or 30.03 if appropriate).

Toad004's review was:

Mar 31, 2014 Reply

Toad004(14, 413)

Review by Toad004

Top Contributor

er... why did it post three times?

Toad004's reply was:

Mar 31, 2014

Toad004(14, 413)

Review by Toad004

easy to apply surprised by result Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I am working hard to build up my credit again after my college years destroyed it, and am very careful to not apply for cards I don't think I'll get, as I try to keep my inquiries to a minimum (as that is currently one of the best things about my score). As I am preparing for my destination wedding, however, I am looking to cut corners, save money, and have access to additional funds just in case we want to splurge a little bit. The offer for a $50 gift card sold me, and as I am a frequent Amazon shopper, the 3% back on purchases is a great incentive.

Upon submitting application, I got the old - we cannot immediately approve your app, we are processing your request, we will contact you soon, etc. I thought for sure this meant I was denied - I've been there.

To my surprise, I checked my email not 15 minutes later to find I had been approved with a $1000 limit and the $50 gift card had been added to my account. For reference, my CK score is 625.

Mar 08, 2014 Reply
Jose Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

This card doesnt let you transfer the points earned, even to other Chase credit cards. This makes redeeming rewards for travel very limiting since you can't move the points to an airlines miles program.

Apr 27, 2013 Reply
Easy application process - good rewards Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I applied mainly to get the $50 gift card.  Was approved within a minute with CL $5700.

CK 767, Chase calculated score 741.

I got the 19.24% rate (so not the "Signature" level)...which isn't a concern to me since I won't carry a balance but just an additional "data point".

I was a little concerned that Chase would say I had too many of their cards (3 other Chase cards, total CL $29,900) but that evidently wasn't an issue.

Although I have a lot of 1% rebate cards, this gives me 3% for Amazon purchases and 2% for some categories where I don't normally have a better deal, so I'll be using this card for those.  No minimum level of points required to use them to reduce the cost of an Amazon purchase when using this card.

Even if you don't shop much at Amazon (so your desire to use points there is limited), you can get rebate checks for the exact amount once you are past $20, so this might be a useful card for you.

beejay93's review was:

Apr 25, 2013 Reply

beejay93(44, 217)

Review by beejay93

Easy Application and Approval Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

As a grad student, I order all my books through Amazon (bypass school bookstores always). I am usually leery of applying for new credit. Have one Capital One Platinum  with very low limit while rebuilding credit after stolen identity and 603TU. Have paid that on time for ~2yrs. Ran CK score of 701 returned. Applied for Amazon card. Approved for $3k within a few seconds. Plan to use for Amazon purchases I already make and not as way to finance new electronic gadget.

By the way, thank you to all the people who take time to post and to Credit Karma.

ronbettsjr's review was:

Jan 09, 2013 Reply

ronbettsjr(1, 2)

Review by ronbettsjr

I applied for this card on amazon with a ck of 696, TU of 667 two days and was denied today when I called.  Did a recon and within minutes was approved for a CL of $1300 and got the $30 gift card.

Marilynmonroe078's review was:

Jul 29, 2012 Reply

Marilynmonroe078(2, 2)

Review by Marilynmonroe078

One of the best rewards cards out there. Helpful to 4 out of 5 people

I love this card! Approval process of FAST, entire process took less than a minute, and I was able to start making purchases (only on amazon) right after the approval process. If you shop on amazon exclusively, this card is for you. 3% cash back on amazon means is a pretty nice chunk or rewards. Gas stations and restaurants have a 2% rewards rate. Personally, this is where the bulk of my money is spent. Amazon, food, and gas. This card is perfect for me. APR is on the higher side, but inline with your average rewards card. I don't recommend carrying a balance on this card, or any rewards card for that matter. So if your in creditcard debt, I'd stick with a balance transfer card.

The only other card that comes close to this is the Captial One Venture rewards card, that has 2% all around rewards, but carries a high annual fee.

Other people looking for a high amazon reward rate mentioned the Citi Forward card because you get 5% rewards for bookstores (amazon is classified as a bookstore). However, the points expire, and is limited in its spending (1 point does not equal 1 cent). So I'd personally, can't recommend any card rewards system that isn't transparent.

My only regret is that I didn't get this card sooner.

Suuhhhweeet's review was:

Nov 30, 2012 Reply

Suuhhhweeet(2, 5)

Review by Suuhhhweeet

This is a wonderful card if you are a frequent amazon.com shopper. If you already have the store card it would still be a good idea to apply for this one.

This card does not have the finacning offers that the amazon.com store card does but even better, it gives you 3 points per $1 spent on amazon.com which is pretty nice. 100 points equals $1. You can then use the points accrued directly on amazon.com at checkout to pay for your purchase. If you choose not to you can redeem your points through chase for cash, gift cards to various places (Shell, Marriot, Applebees, and more), a statement credit, or airline tickets. You may use your points at any level on amazon but the cheapest reward through chase's site is for 5,000 points.

You also earn points for purchases not made at amazon.com. You earn 2 points per dollar spent at gas stations, restaurants, drugstores, and office supply stores. Anywhere else gets you one point per dollar so I don't use it for that since I have better cards for that.

I was approved (2011 at 21 years of age) with an Equifax FICO score of 685. I had a few inquires on my report which they said did lower my score. My credit line is only $1000. I'm not sure why so low because other cards are higher but it's not that big of a deal to me.

In all it's a great card if you plan on shopping at amazon.com, if not there are cards with better rewards.

mj2008's review was:

Jan 08, 2012 Reply

mj2008(2, 5)

Review by mj2008

I've had this card almost since they started offering them, and it's been a good card to have, although it's not as great as it used to be compared to, say, a Chase Freedom.  They recently upped the rewards to make the card more competitive:

• 3 points on Amazon.com
  • 2 points on eligible gas, dining, drugstore and office supply stores
  • 1 point everywhere else

And you can redeem your points instantly on Amazon.com for discounts on purchases.  So basically, if you buy stuff on Amazon.com a lot, you should use this card; I wish I would have charged more of my old purchases on this card so I'd have more points.  However, it's not that great of a general-purpose card otherwise.  Also, the Cash Advance limit is only 20% of the total Credit Limit; it annoys me when some cards do that.

SirBruce's review was:

Aug 08, 2011 Reply

SirBruce(12, 20)

Review by SirBruce

Results 1-10 of 65Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 7   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Chase Amazon.com Rewards Visa® Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (65)

Chase Card services offers a diverse assortment of products and benefits for consumers’ credit needs, such as rewards cards, travel cards, miles cards, business cards, student cards, as well as its most popular credit card, the Chase Freedom card. Chase also has numerous partnerships with retailers and merchants for co-branded credit cards backed by Chase. Credit cards are issued by Chase Bank, the banking subsidiary of JP Morgan Chase & Co and one of the biggest banks in the United States. Chase Bank provides personal banking, small business, mortgage, auto finance, investing, and a full-service array of banking services.

Chase Bank, formerly known as Chase Manhattan Bank, grew rapidly in the past decade, merging with J.P. Morgan & Co. in 2000 and renamed to Chase Bank. Today, Chase is one of the biggest banks in the United States. Established over 200 years ago, JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services company with more than $2.1 trillion in assets with operations in 60 countries.

Chase Amazon.com Rewards Visa® Card