• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0%* for 12 Billing Cycles
  • Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable

Mar 30, 2019
Horrible Online Interface
bacoulthard Cardholder

Onlike most financial insitutions based in the 21st century.  There is no way to set up an online account without first getting a pin "mailed" to you several weeks after you get your card.  I still haven't figured out how to set up auto-pay.  Perhaps it doesn't exist.

Apr 04, 2019

You mean the PIN wasn't mailed with the card or included with the account approval letter/email?

Apr 05, 2019

In my experience (described below), it was not. I had to call them (which is a nightmare - their phone system is for banking customers, and it's like they don't realize they have credit card customers; plus, it's a giant pain to navigate the automated system, since that's ALSO set up ONLY for banking customers, and it repeatedly demands the online banking PIN that you're calling to actually get) and they said it would come 1-2 weeks after receiving the card. Mine came 2 weeks after receiving the card.

I've had Amex, Cap One, Barclays, BoA, Chase cards - excellent credit - and never, ever, ever anything like this experience of needing a PIN to access an app and set up payment. PNC is meant for personal banking members, plain and simple. Avoid.

Apr 08, 2019

If you visit a branch they set it up for you in 2 minutes.

Apr 10, 2019

Perfect! I live 30 miles from a branch. So convenient.

RJames014 Cardholder

I applied for this card through the credit karma app. I have a 766 credit score and I’m used to being approved within a day of applying for a card. After a couple of days I got a call from PNC where they asked for all of the info that was in my application, and they said they were having trouble verifying my age. They told me to fax a copy of my drivers license. I thought this was strange, but I faxed it. I called back after 3 days to get a status on my application. I was told it was still processing. I asked if this was normal to take so long and the person said yes.  After 10 days of checking my email, spam, and texts, I called again, and I was told that I had been approved. I asked if it was normal to not notify applicants of a status change via email. I didn’t get an answer, but the person on the line apologized. When the card arrived a few days later, I called the number on the card to activate it. I also tried to enroll in PNC online as described in the packet that came with the card. I was unable to enroll because I didn’t have a PNC online access PIN. I called the PNC help number again, and there was no option on the computer system to obtain an online access PIN. After the computer system asked me for my SSN for the 5th time for some reason, I finally talked to a human. She told me that you have to call to obtain the online access PIN. It would be nice if that info was in the packet that came with the card. She generated a pin and told me I have to use it within 15 minutes. I tried to use it immediately but discovered that the PNC app is extremely glitchy. As I filled in one field, another field would go blank or the info would move from one box to another. The person on the phone asked if I was using the app and I told her I was. She then told me to use the PNC website. I tried to use the website to enroll, but this was also glitchy. I had to wait a second or 2 after each digit I typed for it to appear on the screen. After finally filling in the required info, the system said I entered it incorrectly. I verified the info line by line and tried to enter it again with the same result. I was then told a PIN would be mailed to me. Why wasn’t it mailed to start with? I’m patiently waiting now with very low expectations.

I had the same problem

Mar 12, 2019

I am having the same problem as well.

May 16, 2019

Walk into a PNC branch and done

PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card