4.3
2055 Reviews

Jun 03, 2012

I am so thrilled! I am 31 years old and destroyed my credit along with many others in my generation who went to college in the early 2000's. I was offered credit cards galore, didn't really understand how to use them responsibly, and before I knew it was in over my head. The stature of limitations has long since run out on these cards that I never paid off, and many of the banks who lent them to me no longer exist (Providian bank, for example). I am now a very responsible consumer who lives below my means with no debt aside from student loans. I have been paying those diligently for over 2 years and have seen little effect on my credit score. I was getting depressed about it until about 4 months ago when, to my shock, I was approved for a Capital One Platinum card with a $300 limit! I have been paying it off in full every month since, and lo and behold, my credit score went up 19 points! Today I decided to go ahead and apply for this card, and to my suprise, I was approved for a credit limit of $1000 with 0% apr until March 2013, despite my credit score of 589. I am beyond thrilled, as I am now confident that continuing to pay my balances in full every month, coupled with my student loans, my credit score should be above 600 by this time next year. I hope to have it in the 700 range within 2 years and finally not feel ashamed of my credit score. It is so true that paying your bills on time is the absolute best way to re-build credit. I am grateful to Capital One for giving me a chance to prove myself.

2059

Mar 22, 2015
The best credit card available!!

This is my favorite credit card ever! I only had arond 590-610 credit score and I was approved for $300! With points! That's new to me, I've never had a card with rewards, no scam... I did what I was supposed to do and paid on it regularly, sometimes 5-8 payments a month. 5th month of paying %100 on time, my limit jumped to $2,300!!! And rewards, I called Friday ask about the rewards. I was told that I had $47 of rewards accumulated! They can write you a Check and mail it or, what I did, applied it to lower my balance!! Awesome, BUT when or if you do what I did, it doesn't count as your payment if you do the same, that doesn't count for a monthly bill payment so.. Watch out... Love it and I wish all 5 of my cards were quicksilver?

1944

All member reviews (2055)

Mar 18, 2021
DONT BOTHER

I only gave them a 1 star only because negative ratings were not available. Worst card do not bother received a text message telling me my payment was due 10 days ago! I previously asked them about auto pay they do not provide this service, what finance company doesn't provide these services. No emails with payment reminders let alone statements and it would be great if you were speaking to someone who spoke and understand English don't know what country I am calling but its not the USA. Not worth the aggravation every month fighting with them to pay your card. They will send you junk mail on how to spend your money instead of sending statements and payment reminders. Dont waste your time!!

Mar 10, 2021
Easy to get, easy to live with

I got this card after trying CapitalOne's secured card offering following a Chapter 13 discharge; the secured card only had a limit of $1,000 and was effectively worthless so I paid off and closed that account after six weeks. In December 2020, six months after closing the secured card, CapitalOne sent me a Pre-Approval E-Mail for a Quicksilver card; I took the bait and was instantly approved for a $3,000 limit. Three months into it, I like this card very much.

Nov 05, 2020
Waste of time!

I wouldn't recommend this card to anyone. Not only can you get the same card with the same cash back and no annual fee, but you are just another number in the system. I personally have dealt with a dispute for a year, in which I was 100% entitled to a refund. Yet Capital One has made it a nightmare for me! Back and forth phone calls, just to say we'll look into. Only to then close the case. Then tell me they need more information to which I sent everything! Still wasn't good enough. So now I'm short $1,470.00 might as well paid it directly to Capital One. I wouldn't recommend to no one!

Jul 14, 2020
Awful card, even worse customer service

I got this card to rebuild credit after some financial trouble. Based on all the reviews- most people got healthy increases after 5 months of clean payments. I paid this off as soon as I used it every month, spotless payments, no issues with anything. When it came time to increase my cl, they increased it by $200...what a joke. I called and asked to speak to a CA or anyone who could review my file for a manual increase. CS rep was useless and incompetent and read the script. I'm finalizing a collection settlement, then back to AMEX I go. Stay away from this card and capital one at all costs

Jun 23, 2020
Useless for an executive who travels

I applied for this card a few years back and was approved right away; however, I was approved with only a $500 limit! I can't even buy an airline ticket for that amount! When I asked to have my limit increase based on my credit score (826), they rejected my request and said, "you don't ask to have your credit limit increased, we decide when you are eligible". End of discussion...I took scissors to the card and cancelled it the next day.

Jun 08, 2020
This card helped get me going again!

I first got this card as a "Secured Card" where I put money down. Within 6-8 months they refunded my money and it became a "UnSecured Card" Also they have periodically upped my credit availability on the card without me even having to ask. :) It has helped me get my credit going again. So it has helped me after not taking care of my credit in my younger years.

Dec 19, 2019
Great card

Just wanted everyone to know that I had a 576 credit score and credit karma stated that had fair approval odds. I read the reviews and went directly to capitalone website to apply. I applied there and recieved no annual fee with a 500 dollar credit limit and 2% cashback. I recieved the card in 1 week. They have a wonderful app that i downladed and love. Very easy to use. If you are working on rebuilding your credit this is truly a wonderful card. They also stated I would get an automatic limit increase with 5 on time payments. I will come back and update if that happens!

Dec 18, 2019
Excellent card with no problem.

I've had this card for 3 years and I have paid on time and have received credit line increase each year. The rewards are easy to obtain and easy to use. I have never had any issue with customer service.

Dec 16, 2019
Life changing

Few mistakes when I was younger ruined my credit, anything and everything I've ever applied for since I've gotten denied. I thought forsure I would get turned down but credit karma said it was good odds so I applied and I was so shocked and pleased when I got approved, only a $300 limit but it's better then the limit I had before, nothing.. I just got approved like 20 minutes ago and im very excited to get this card in the mail. As someone who lives pay check to pay check having a nice cushion if I come up up short a couple days before payday will be life changing. High APR but if you pay it before the due date then their is not interest if I'm reading that correctly? I haven't had a credit card in 6-7 years so this is a big game changer for me this holiday season, thank you capital-one for giving us a second chance

Dec 14, 2019
Must have

Amazing card and in general very good company! They also financed my Mercedes c300 smooth process all around. I love the app and its very easy to redeem your cash back all from your phone. Another big thing is being able to lock and unlock your card from your phone I always keep it locked until I am ready to use it so no more worries if I cant find it or forget it at a bar.

1-10 of 2055