4.3
2056 Reviews

Jun 03, 2012

I am so thrilled! I am 31 years old and destroyed my credit along with many others in my generation who went to college in the early 2000's. I was offered credit cards galore, didn't really understand how to use them responsibly, and before I knew it was in over my head. The stature of limitations has long since run out on these cards that I never paid off, and many of the banks who lent them to me no longer exist (Providian bank, for example). I am now a very responsible consumer who lives below my means with no debt aside from student loans. I have been paying those diligently for over 2 years and have seen little effect on my credit score. I was getting depressed about it until about 4 months ago when, to my shock, I was approved for a Capital One Platinum card with a $300 limit! I have been paying it off in full every month since, and lo and behold, my credit score went up 19 points! Today I decided to go ahead and apply for this card, and to my suprise, I was approved for a credit limit of $1000 with 0% apr until March 2013, despite my credit score of 589. I am beyond thrilled, as I am now confident that continuing to pay my balances in full every month, coupled with my student loans, my credit score should be above 600 by this time next year. I hope to have it in the 700 range within 2 years and finally not feel ashamed of my credit score. It is so true that paying your bills on time is the absolute best way to re-build credit. I am grateful to Capital One for giving me a chance to prove myself.

Mar 22, 2015
The best credit card available!!

This is my favorite credit card ever! I only had arond 590-610 credit score and I was approved for $300! With points! That's new to me, I've never had a card with rewards, no scam... I did what I was supposed to do and paid on it regularly, sometimes 5-8 payments a month. 5th month of paying %100 on time, my limit jumped to $2,300!!! And rewards, I called Friday ask about the rewards. I was told that I had $47 of rewards accumulated! They can write you a Check and mail it or, what I did, applied it to lower my balance!! Awesome, BUT when or if you do what I did, it doesn't count as your payment if you do the same, that doesn't count for a monthly bill payment so.. Watch out... Love it and I wish all 5 of my cards were quicksilver?

All member reviews (2056)

Aug 20, 2022
Requires an act of Congress to initiate

I was nearly 'guaranteed' for approval from Credit Karma, with my Credit Score of 894-896. My 'credit age' was 19 years, 4 months, and it had been about 6 years since I'd applied for a new account, so I chose to apply for this card, based upon the positives.....which included approximately a $200 credit for me for around $1500 in purchases in the first 3 months. I sat the account up, per instructions. And already had a Capital One VISA account that has been active for several years. I attempted purchase after purchase, all of which was denied, indicating that the account is 'Inactive' or 'Declined.' What rot! Numerous online attempts to 'activate' the account , per instructions , have been unsuccessful...... I finally had to call an 800 number in the umpteenth attempt to get the card activated. My opinion is that they simply want to delay activation in order to get out from under the published rewards.

Jul 22, 2022
Had this card for several years...

It's a good card for people rebuilding credit, but it's a bad card for long term use. Cap One has a bucketing policy that, if your credit is fair to poor when you get the card, you do not get limit increases no matter how good your credit gets. After several unsuccessful attempts to get limit increases on both my Quicksilver One and my platinum card despite having a terrific credit score, I closed both cards. Still waiting for the return of my $39 annual fee which I paid a few days before closing the accounts. I now have two cards with much higher credit limits an no annual fees.

Mar 18, 2021
DONT BOTHER

I only gave them a 1 star only because negative ratings were not available. Worst card do not bother received a text message telling me my payment was due 10 days ago! I previously asked them about auto pay they do not provide this service, what finance company doesn't provide these services. No emails with payment reminders let alone statements and it would be great if you were speaking to someone who spoke and understand English don't know what country I am calling but its not the USA. Not worth the aggravation every month fighting with them to pay your card. They will send you junk mail on how to spend your money instead of sending statements and payment reminders. Dont waste your time!!

Mar 10, 2021
Easy to get, easy to live with

I got this card after trying CapitalOne's secured card offering following a Chapter 13 discharge; the secured card only had a limit of $1,000 and was effectively worthless so I paid off and closed that account after six weeks. In December 2020, six months after closing the secured card, CapitalOne sent me a Pre-Approval E-Mail for a Quicksilver card; I took the bait and was instantly approved for a $3,000 limit. Three months into it, I like this card very much.

Nov 05, 2020
Waste of time!

I wouldn't recommend this card to anyone. Not only can you get the same card with the same cash back and no annual fee, but you are just another number in the system. I personally have dealt with a dispute for a year, in which I was 100% entitled to a refund. Yet Capital One has made it a nightmare for me! Back and forth phone calls, just to say we'll look into. Only to then close the case. Then tell me they need more information to which I sent everything! Still wasn't good enough. So now I'm short $1,470.00 might as well paid it directly to Capital One. I wouldn't recommend to no one!

Jul 14, 2020
Awful card, even worse customer service

I got this card to rebuild credit after some financial trouble. Based on all the reviews- most people got healthy increases after 5 months of clean payments. I paid this off as soon as I used it every month, spotless payments, no issues with anything. When it came time to increase my cl, they increased it by $200...what a joke. I called and asked to speak to a CA or anyone who could review my file for a manual increase. CS rep was useless and incompetent and read the script. I'm finalizing a collection settlement, then back to AMEX I go. Stay away from this card and capital one at all costs

Jun 23, 2020
Useless for an executive who travels

I applied for this card a few years back and was approved right away; however, I was approved with only a $500 limit! I can't even buy an airline ticket for that amount! When I asked to have my limit increase based on my credit score (826), they rejected my request and said, "you don't ask to have your credit limit increased, we decide when you are eligible". End of discussion...I took scissors to the card and cancelled it the next day.

Jun 08, 2020
This card helped get me going again!

I first got this card as a "Secured Card" where I put money down. Within 6-8 months they refunded my money and it became a "UnSecured Card" Also they have periodically upped my credit availability on the card without me even having to ask. :) It has helped me get my credit going again. So it has helped me after not taking care of my credit in my younger years.

Dec 19, 2019
Great card

Just wanted everyone to know that I had a 576 credit score and credit karma stated that had fair approval odds. I read the reviews and went directly to capitalone website to apply. I applied there and recieved no annual fee with a 500 dollar credit limit and 2% cashback. I recieved the card in 1 week. They have a wonderful app that i downladed and love. Very easy to use. If you are working on rebuilding your credit this is truly a wonderful card. They also stated I would get an automatic limit increase with 5 on time payments. I will come back and update if that happens!

Dec 18, 2019
Excellent card with no problem.

I've had this card for 3 years and I have paid on time and have received credit line increase each year. The rewards are easy to obtain and easy to use. I have never had any issue with customer service.

1-10 of 2056