4.1

All reviews

Oct 09, 2019
Amazing Miles Program

This card does wonders for me. I'm currently a college student who goes to school 1700 miles away from home so I'm constantly flying. I've had this card for almost 2 years and haven't had to pay for a plane ticket out of pocket since. I highly reccomend if you plan on paying it off in full (or close to) each month since interest rates are high, even for someone close to an 800 credit score.

Sep 27, 2019
Poor customer service

I had a capital one card and for awhile, I liked it. Over the yeara, my other cards had better rates and offers so I used them more. I recently got a letter they were cloaing my card due to lack of use. I called to ask for it to stay open and a new card to be sent so I could use it. Nope. Closing and I can reapply... i don't want to have a closure and new application on my report. I am able to utilize my awards, however I cannot use them for travel since I would have to book the flight with my Capital One (closed) account. I can get cash worth 1/2 the value of the flight credit.

Sep 18, 2019
Beware of "Approval Excellent Odds"

I applied online through my credit Karma web page. My credit score is 800, I have under 9% owing on all my personal credit. Never late. Wanted this card for the miles. No negitives on my report. Mid 6 figure household income... you tell me? 'Not approved at this time'. Credit Karma... not happy.

Sep 13, 2019
So worth applying!!!

They approved me for $25,000 in less than 5 minutes. I spent $3,000 in the first 3 months and earned 50,000 miles, which I can use for purchase eraser. Customer Service is always great with them never had an issue.

Sep 10, 2019
Not worth it!

The customer service at Capital One is the worst. I was treated rudely by Asia FWH353. She would not connect me with a supervisor. I would not do business with Capital One again.

Sep 06, 2019
Shameless ripoff! Awful customer service

They charge interest even after you pay the entire balance off on time!!! I liked the card and used it a lot. I called them when I saw a strange interest charge. The first person lied to me about the reason. The second person(supervisor) told me they charge interest rate till you pay full for 2 months. She refused to waive the ridiculous charge and was perfectly okay with me saying I wanted to close my account. So, I am also prefectly okay with my capital one account closed. I am telling all friends to avoid this shady company, as well as you.

Aug 21, 2019

I'm SHOCKED! I have to file for BK a year ago. There was 3 cap ones In it. Fast foward a year later.. I'm financially back on my feet, i started with a cap platinum with 300 limit, 3 month later i applied for a quicksilver one and was approved for 1000, then I gradusted The platinum to a quicksilver... they gave me CL increases at 5 month on each bumping them to 500 and 1500 respectively. And tonight I was bored and wanting a travel card since I travel a lot... and decided to apply for the venture just for fun.. and bam!! Approved for $5000!! I know The limits are not amazing but after a Bk that included 3 cap ones with 10k limits each.. i thought I'd never be approved for a "big boy" card so soon after!! I guess My current income has to do with it but I'm so happy!! Thanks Cap one for giving me a second chance!!

Aug 08, 2019
Awful awful card

High high interest for someone with excellent credit! Customer service is awful. I called because I wanted to pay off my balance and asked to get a one time waved interest fee and they said No. I even asked to get a lower interest rate and they said that 20 percent is the best they had! Mind you my credit is in the high 700s!!!

Aug 06, 2019
Great card; Poor payment reporting

Poor reporting failed to show over $1,000 in recent payments resulting in an over 40 point drop in credit score. Very disappointing when we are using card and making huge payments as recommended only to have our score significantly reduced. The little guy loses again!!

Aug 01, 2019

It took two weeks for me to be approved and receive my new card. As a result, I only had 10 weeks instead of 3 months to get the 50,000 bonus miles after spending $3k. As soon as I cleared $3,000 in spending, I received my bonus miles the next day. I used the purchase eraser for my rental car on Wednesday of this week and by today (Thursday), I was already credited the amount of the rental on my statement. Very pleased.