4.1

May 21, 2018
Great to get rewards for every day use.

I love that this card offers purchase eraser. Using purchase eraser you can buy anything related to travel using this card and then use the miles you have earned to turn around and pay off the travel expense within 90 days. The card automatically shows you what is a valid travel purchase and allows you to click redeem. Then voila! Within 3 business days, you have yourself a credit on your account. The customer service is excellent, and I get alerts on my phone whenever a purchase is made. (Completely customizable in the settings). I also love that it is Visa and is accepted most places. It is a heavy metal card, so no worries about it breaking down from everyday swiping, and the number is on the back, so not easily seen by prying eyes. I get 2 times miles on any purchase, and they add up quickly with a family of three. The only negative thing I will say is that it comes with a 24% APR, so if you get this, plan on paying it off every month so you don't need to pay the ridiculously high interest rate.

Feb 17, 2017
Simple but Limited Rewards Structure

Upgraded to the Venture from Quicksilver last year and I recently converted my account back to Quicksilver. The main reason is although you earn double points for every purchase with the Venture, the annual fee means you need to spend at least 8,000 to break even and start earning reward dollars. Secondly, when you want to redeem the points for something other than travel (or what Capital One recognizes as travel) you only get 50% of the value on your point redemption. Example: I take a trip and want to use reward dollars towards an expensive restaurant; if I have 20,000 points, and I redeem them for the meal, they are only worth $100 instead of $200 if I redeem an airline purchase. So, if you're not smart, you could be paying the $59 fee each year, spending less than $8,000 on the card, and redeeming your points for half of their value -- essentially losing money using the card instead of making money from the bank. If you stricly redeem for airfare purchases or train tickets, and spend a great deal on other purchases, it can be very simple. As for me, I didn't like to make airline purchases using the Venture to make airline purchases because I earn more points using the Amex Premier Rewards Gold. I would rather redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards or Amex Membership rewards points because instead of 1:1 value when using points, I can earn a 2:1 or 3:1 ration when transferring to certain airlines or hotel partners. In the end, once I had accumulated substantial rewards, I converted the account back to Quicksilver and cashed out the points for 1:1 value. So now I have no annual fee but a guaranteed earning and redemption rate on my points. In conclusion, the Venture card is good if you want no frills and use the card exactly the way Capital One advertises, for travel,

Feb 06, 2020
I love Capital One!

I actually have 3 capital one cards, I love them so much! They have been my key to rebuilding my credit after my divorce. It's hard for me to believe some of these reviews as I have always had such wonderful experiences with capital one and customer service. It seems to me they have not experienced any other credit card companies. The App is by far the best credit card app I have used- super user friendly!

Feb 03, 2020
This is not worth $95 annual fee

NOT worth a $95 fee, nor would it even be a good card for racking up travel miles without the high fee which gets you no other special services. CaitalOne does nothing to justfy it. The amount of spe nd necessary to actually earn a trip are badly scewed agaainst you. Don't even think about about ever getting a credit line increase from these lying clowns. They will will give you one reason the first time - like average payment too small. So you pay them 100% in full for months then ask again, denied, reason, you don't use the card enough. Hugh? I used 70% of my limit. Then next time it's a new reason, you can't win. They use scammy double monthly average interest, so if you don'y pay in full at the end of one month you will continually get nailed with massive intesest charges until you pay 2 months in full.

Jan 15, 2020
Tempted to get one

I have secured Discover and secured Cap1, along QS1. Discover havent upgraded my secured in about 18 months(limit started at $200 and now at $1500). So discover didn't do anything about my secured card yet but approved me for it cash back at $6000. Perfect timing to do balamce transfer and get my other cards back on full. So I am tempted to get Venture but the question is why would I ? I don't need it now as I won't be able to fully use their perks as I am gonna be using It cash back for a while. So maybe by next year do Venture ? But will need a balance transfer too. So how to go about it. Go for both next year ? I did not apply for Venture, i was just pre qualified with high odds ? Could they give me $10k ? Cuz then i can start my business strong.

Jan 14, 2020

Great card. Never have any problems

Jan 14, 2020
Bad customer service,unethical practices

They don't list the expiration date of balance transfers on your statements delibebrately so you'll miss the date, this is the only card I have ever seen do this. You will never get a credit line increase and they will alwayws invent a new lie why you didn't get it. It's a ripoff to pay a $95 fee , the miles don't add up

Jan 06, 2020
My favorite card of all time!

Love, love, love card! We make sure we use it for really large purchases like dental charges and the down payment for my Mustang! We have managed to save a nice amount of points for our next big vacation. And contrary to some of the other reviews, I have had excellent customer service!

Jan 05, 2020

I have had this card for several years ... the only one I use pretty much ... as I get the most points for everything and anything ... I have spoken with customer service several times .., and they have always been very professional and nice ... even when I have called and possibly haven't been the nost professional! I give them 5 stars and ???????? ... I was very surprised to see such negative reviews of them...

Dec 25, 2019
PAY UP FRONT BEFORE USING CARD

TO AVOID FEES AND INTEREST THROW IN 120% OF LIMIT. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. I use it for budget airlines such as allegiant and southwest. Being able to go home to florida and Puerto Rico truly helps with staying sane by seeing family once a month.

Dec 23, 2019
Laughable

never ever ever do anything with Capital one people. All the positive reviews are paid for through Reputation Defender. The negative reviews here contain things in the "should never happen" category. It says, 50,000 points, well, yeah but ONLY if you drop 4k in three months. Then look at the interest rate, then LOOK at the reviews that TELL YOU, CAPITAL ONE CHARGES INTEREST ON BALANCE THAT HAVE BEEN PAID IN FULL. No amount of Jennifer Garner is going to make do business with these a$$-hats. Run. Customer Service horrible? Of it is, this is the McDonald's of credit card companies. Sure, you can eat, but you'll wish you just stuck your finger down your throat and ran.

Dec 09, 2019
Terrible Customer Service

Capital One is very slow to update your balances with the three credit bureaus, which impacts your score negatively. Their customer service reps are useless.