4.2

May 08, 2017
Good Entry Level Travel Card

I applied for this card after CK showed I had a "fair" chance of approval. There's a general rule with card approvals that many people with fair to average credit don't know about. I'll use Capital One as an example since?a little trickier to explain with AMEX cards. When CC companies offer 2 or more card products that are similar in class (i.e., Quicksilver and Quicksilver One) the one with the annual fee is the one that you'll have a strong likely chance of approval. Usually, the card without the annual fee is typically reserved for people with higher credit scores. This is not to say all CC companies?practice this rule, but in general, most do. In this case, Delta AMEX Gold is the base level travel card in its class. If CK shows that you have "fair" chance of approval and there is an annual fee involved, it's very likely that'll you'll be approved. If you do get approved, exercise?this rule moderately. All new inquiries can negatively impact your credit score, and too many will raise a red flag with CC companies. As far as how I use this card, I primarily?use it for Delta travel expenses. With fair to average credit?scores, the interest rate for this card is very high and should not be used as an "everyday" card unless you intend to pay it off completely every month. ?

Jan 18, 2019
Meh...

I got approved for this card with the following ck scores: trans 657 and eq 661. My Fico scores were considerably higher though. They were both about 70 points higher than ck scores. I applied for this card back to back with the blue cash everyday. Approved for $1k cL, probably due to my low age of credit. I got my 3x cli after 65 days on the blue cash and weirdly enough, they denied the 3x cli on the sky miles. i would advise any prospective applicants to ignore ck approval odds as Amex only pulls Experian Fico. Good luck!

Nov 22, 2021
Great starter card for travel rewards

Only really became interested in this card when I got an offer from amex for a 70k miles sign up bonus. As someone who travels a few times a year, why not get free miles for money I was already going to spend. My application process was not fun, I was in pop up jail for some reason, but after a few weeks I was in the clear. Free checked bags is awesome too, easily covers the fee. Will most likely hold on to this card for a few years, until I get the platinum delta card and downgrade this one to the blue. Look around online for high welcome offers before applying.

Nov 05, 2021
Excellent approval odds

I applied because it says excellent approval odds and got denied. Thanks credit karma. Going to mess with my score now.

Oct 10, 2021
Negative

To much question 30 days time and then asking for income tax

Oct 04, 2021
Got a Approved!

I got approved just after applying for the very first time! Woohoo

Sep 11, 2021
Fantastic card to have if you fly Delta!

I love this card! I really appreciate how thoughtfully designed the AmEx app is and how useful it is for tracking purchases, perks, and payments. A great card overall!

Sep 09, 2021
Fair chance and still got it

I applied with ck fair chance 688 Tran 686 and exper 690 no collections 58% ult and got approved for 1000 it’s not a lot but it’s a start for American Express I have more from discover it miles. I’m glad I went for it

Sep 06, 2021
I love having this card.

This is the best card to have and when something happens that you know that you didn't do.they tell you up front let us handle it and in 24 to 48 hours we will til you what we will do. They have always handle it.i made a purchase and the store gave me something that was not brand new and was reput out as new.got home they seen it was used. Store didn't want to give me a refund and I called the American Express Card 1800 in the store they contact the company corporate office as I was in the store.and before I was able to get one if store manager to help me. They handle it so it was recedit and because I had done all I could do.they got the company corporate to contact me said they was sorry for the problem and the store not only gave me my full refund.they gave me a gift to have me return because they could see that I shopping with them slot with this card. So I didn't have to do anything after that call. So great customer service help.

Aug 03, 2021
Better cards out there

When your annual fee is almost 10% of your limit you know something is wrong. If you're a once or twice a year flyer, just pay the bag fee instead and you should end up in the green

Jun 27, 2021
If you fly Delta, get this card!

Great travel card if Delta is your preferred airlines. You get your bonus points as soon as you hit the $2000 spending requirement. You also get additional points from Lyft and delta skymiles dinning. There’s a lot of easy ways to earn points for this card. Love it and love American Express. Only regret is not getting this card sooner. Also I have a referral so let me know if interested. Bonus miles for me and you. :)

Jun 01, 2021
Great card for Delta Miles!

It took 2 years to get my credit score to excellent and I applied for, and got this card. I applied when I was going to do a lot of home repairs during covid-19 and used this card to pay for them and got my 70k Delta miles. I also utilize the AMEX Dining program and shopping and within 2 months received an additional 7k miles. I can't wait to use them for international travel.