4.2

May 08, 2017
Good Entry Level Travel Card

I applied for this card after CK showed I had a "fair" chance of approval. There's a general rule with card approvals that many people with fair to average credit don't know about. I'll use Capital One as an example since?a little trickier to explain with AMEX cards. When CC companies offer 2 or more card products that are similar in class (i.e., Quicksilver and Quicksilver One) the one with the annual fee is the one that you'll have a strong likely chance of approval. Usually, the card without the annual fee is typically reserved for people with higher credit scores. This is not to say all CC companies?practice this rule, but in general, most do. In this case, Delta AMEX Gold is the base level travel card in its class. If CK shows that you have "fair" chance of approval and there is an annual fee involved, it's very likely that'll you'll be approved. If you do get approved, exercise?this rule moderately. All new inquiries can negatively impact your credit score, and too many will raise a red flag with CC companies. As far as how I use this card, I primarily?use it for Delta travel expenses. With fair to average credit?scores, the interest rate for this card is very high and should not be used as an "everyday" card unless you intend to pay it off completely every month. ?

Jan 18, 2019
Meh...

I got approved for this card with the following ck scores: trans 657 and eq 661. My Fico scores were considerably higher though. They were both about 70 points higher than ck scores. I applied for this card back to back with the blue cash everyday. Approved for $1k cL, probably due to my low age of credit. I got my 3x cli after 65 days on the blue cash and weirdly enough, they denied the 3x cli on the sky miles. i would advise any prospective applicants to ignore ck approval odds as Amex only pulls Experian Fico. Good luck!

Jun 29, 2022
Fast and easy

The application was less than 5 minutes and got approved right after completing the application. Thought that was going to get a $1000 credit limit due to my lack of credit history but got approved for $10000 Very happy with the application experience.

Jun 09, 2022
Worst card ever

Worst card ever had it two years and can’t get a credit line increase use it all the time pay it off and can’t get a line increase what a waste of time time. And never got my 70,000 points signing up for it

Apr 25, 2022
Awesome card

I was so happy to get this card credit karma said my approval was good, but I went to the amex website to see if I would be approved and I was. I did everything over the phone and in minutes I was approve, this is my go to card.

Apr 16, 2022
Easy and super fast approval

I was accepted super quickly with a score of 768 it was very easy to apply now to accumulate points since I use Delta Airlines and JetBlue airways I have both cards and they are very convenient especially if you are a frequent flyer you recover the annual fee very quickly since the first suitcase Registered is totally free for you and two more companions. as long as the air ticket is purchased with the card. 100% Recommended if you have a credit score above 700 Fico. ☆☆☆☆☆

Jan 28, 2022
Have the Blue Amex Delta

Just wanted to upgrade from the Blue Amex delta since this one has more benefits. Weird enough I was denied on this one even though I got approved for 6k on the blue one and barely used it or made any crazy high expenses.

Jan 17, 2022
Best Card for 12 years.

I have purchased my Delta Airline ticket 3 times with this card and cancelled 3 times. I got all my points refunded. I was delayed because I was late due to the airports long line security; I flew the next day at no additional cost. When you call, they will allow you to get a call back instead of waiting on the phone. They call you back after about an hour (due to Covid 19 heavy calls). But, it is worth the waiting.

Jan 12, 2022
Impossible

Just getting this card to me in the mail is taking nearly four weeks and five one hour long phonically including trying to get the right sky miles number linked to the card. Not kidding. I was expecting a really great customer experience from Amex. What I got was a nightmare. NIGHTMARE.

Nov 22, 2021
Great starter card for travel rewards

Only really became interested in this card when I got an offer from amex for a 70k miles sign up bonus. As someone who travels a few times a year, why not get free miles for money I was already going to spend. My application process was not fun, I was in pop up jail for some reason, but after a few weeks I was in the clear. Free checked bags is awesome too, easily covers the fee. Will most likely hold on to this card for a few years, until I get the platinum delta card and downgrade this one to the blue. Look around online for high welcome offers before applying.

Nov 05, 2021
Excellent approval odds

I applied because it says excellent approval odds and got denied. Thanks credit karma. Going to mess with my score now.

Oct 10, 2021