4.4

Jul 02, 2022
Don't blame Amex, blame CK

Understand your credit then apply. Having a good credit score is not necessarily the only thing to get approved. Need credit age, low credit use and decent income on top of 100% payment history. Stop blaming Amex for your poor understanding of credit. I got mine and it's awesome. The card is made of metal, it's gorgeous. Got it the very next day after approval. You get a lot of card for that 250 yearly payment. This was my dream card for years. CK said I had poor approval odds and here I am looking at my card with very passionate eyes.

Dec 17, 2021
Denied

This card showed that I had excellent chance to get approved and I was denied. I don’t know what they are looking at to tell you that you have excellent chance and then deny you.

Nov 24, 2022
Excellence, the first chapter in exclusivity.

When applying for the card through CK, make sure you check your email verification code on a different device. If you even open a different app during the application process, it will just cancel the whole thing when you’re 90% of the way through the application, not AMEX’s fault, only CK’s. I had to call in regarding my unfinished application and place it through the phone.

Nov 21, 2022
Lots of points

Great card, 4x Dinning, 4X grocery. Credits out weight the Annual Fee. Great card. Yes, if traveling out of country always bring a no annual fee, no foreign transaction fee Visa or Mastercard.

Nov 19, 2022
Approved

672 score due to low credit age (~8 months) and high utilization, but 100% payment history. CK gave me a poor chance of approval but I checked for pre approval on the AMEX website. Capital One gave me a $200 limit despite a decent salary and proof of income, so nice to have a company believe in me.

Nov 17, 2022
Favorite Card

I applied for the Amex Gold back in May, and can say this is my favorite card and will continue to use it. The points from grocery store purchases and restaurants are HUGE for booking hotels/airlines, on top of the 3x you get from booking through their site. The only downside is $250 annual fee, but the benefits outweigh it. I use Uber a lot when I go see my brother in Pitt and other places, and order through grub hub as well for the statement credits. ALSO, through the amex app, you can see what stores and restaurants are providing more rewards when a certain amount is spent. The welcome bonus helped pay for 2 nights in New York City. I have a Capitol One Venture and wasn’t receiving the full benefits, and this is a nice change of pace. I highly encourage you apply!

Nov 13, 2022
Great card

Benefits are great with a lower fee than other Amex options. Customer service is beyond great

Nov 04, 2022
Got approved recently

I applied with a ‘fair’ chance of being accepted and was previously turned down several times. I got approved a few weeks ago with a fair chance and with a 691 credit score. The gold card is cool too because it is much heavier than a plastic card. It feels like it is made of metal.

Nov 01, 2022
Not a bad card. Not the best.

Truthfully, there are better cards with better rewards. But this looks cool to have. The perks are meh. For all those wondering about approval odds, I tried 4 times over the last 2 years and once it said my approval odds were “outstanding”, I was like why not 1 more time. And got approved. The most recent time I was denied, I asked the rep to figure out why because my credit score pulled up 751 with them. They have systems that check how much you have in your bank account as well as balance on current cards and debt to income. Make sure you have at least $3k in your account before you apply as well. Pay down your current balances before you apply. They also look at hard inquiries and how many times you have run your credit. So if you applied and got denied, I’d wait a while before you apply again

Oct 25, 2022
I was approved even tho CK said POOR

I don’t trust credit karma ratings they said I had poor chances of being approved. I took the chance and got approved. I’m deleting this app bc they will definitely discourage you. I’m 22 so being young isn’t a factor.

Oct 22, 2022
Question

I have credit around 750 should I apply?

Oct 19, 2022
Horrible Pitfall

Horrible experience! I fell for it and absolutely hate myself for it. Miles points are pointless, impossible to redeem and lice of credit was cut in half with no previous notice. Ruined my Credit even though I have always paid on time. Expensive to participate and worthless when you really need it. I was lured by the prospect of no International Transaction Fees when in fact, card was not widely accepted internationally as advertised. Do not fall for it. Get a Visa or MasterCard instead.