3.9

Feb 09 2019
Best card for families

I rebuilt my credit over the course of 3 years waited till I was at least a 690-700 before applying for my first real credit card I did research for a couple months meaning I don't make any kind of credit decisions lightly and wanted a card to fit my lifestyle after all my research I decided that American Express would be the best company for me with their variety of different cards and perks charge/credit cards and the fact that their point system isn't over inflated with an absurd number of points that makes you feel like you have more value than you do they have a very well rounded point system so I decided to apply for an Amex Gold card through credit Karma because I had very good approval odds and I So I applied through the app and was approved in 5 minutes and had my card a week later after a few months with the card I have to say I absolutely love it I am a family man and feel like this is the perfect family card I spend ballpark 600-700 in groceries a month that's 4x points per dollar and we like to eat out also that's 4x points per dollar at restaurants so this card has substantial value for families and if you pay attention to the negative reviews about this card it is because it's a charge card and people complain about not being able to Cary a balance and don't like paying it off every month 1. I got this card because it's a charge card meaning I only make purchases that I would have to make anyways month to month groceries and eating out meaning I'm not over extending myself buying wish list items I use it and just pay the balance the next day I don't wait for statements to come out I use it then put it back to $0 because it's money I would spend anyway at least I'm getting rewards and points 2. The customer service has been great in app no complaints and I will be getting future credit cards with them so before you apply or use this card do yourself a favor and have a full understanding of what the difference between a charge and card is charge cards can be a great tool to keep you from over spending month to month and not stress about carried balances growing in size and they definitely come with more rewards and perks

Dec 16 2017
Chase is the new Amex

Had this card for couple years. Amex isn't trying hard enough and the results are showing on their earrings each year. Customer service is no longer as good; now that most of its call centers are located in the east. The benefits on the card are just ok and the conversation ratio to different programs do not justify the annual $195 fee.

Jul 24 2020
nice!!!

I was approved last night with at score ex 766 and transunion 741 and Equifax 741

Mar 21 2020
Great

Priceless

Feb 14 2020
A keeper card!

My favorite card. The points add up fast! Walmart, Target, and Fred Meyer do not qualify as "Grocery Stores" under AMEX so shop at a stand alone grocery store to rake in the points.

Jan 09 2020
Excellent!!!

I had an American Express Card over 20 years ago....I missed a payment and my Account was close..... I was sick....Through Life up & Down, I Decided to apply back in September.....Call in was Approved right away.....I was so Happy.... I have always Love America Express....So now I have the GOLD CARD....HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY....

Oct 17 2019
Amazing customer service

Amazing customer service

Oct 13 2019

I have both the Gold and the Platinum cards and I go no where without them. No problems whatsoever and I've been a member of Amex for 30 years plus. Great Cards.

Oct 02 2019

It's a charge card not a credit card. You use it for things you can afford to pay for immediately . Credit cards let you get too far ahead of yourself. Spend only what you can afford and you'll love this card. I've used it almost exclusively this past year. I used to use a debit card and didn't get any points from that , plus you lose the protection of a great bank like American Express. Use it like a debit , earn points which I just use to pay down my next bill. Don't leave home without.