4.3

Nov 06 2020
Approved with 690 credit score

I was Approved with a score of TransUnion - 690 & Equifax 695 with a 37% credit card utilization. CreditKarma's approval odds were "Fair Approval Odds". I checked Amex's pre-approval tool on their website and had an offer available for this gold card. Moral of the story is to not get discouraged when trying to apply for this credit card.

Nov 30 2020
Bad customer service

So many issues I’ve had in the past 3 months of owning the car I needed up closed down the account to Poor service

All reviews

Apr 12 2021
Declined with 801 score

Was declined with 801 TransUnion and 805 Equifax. 12% credit utilization. I applied as Credit Karma had me at Excellant approval odds. Waiting for letter from Amex for the reason.

Apr 12 2021
787 credit score still not appoved

I have a Gold Card with a measly limit of 1K for the past 3 years, 4% Utilization 787 score across the board, never been given an auto increase and been denied the last 2 I requested . Dont bother they are after the Yearly fee.

Apr 09 2021
BEST CARD IN MY WALLET

I have the rose gold card, but i've been a customer of Amex since 2005. When you need them most, they are there. Need to carry a balance to pay it off, not an issue as long as you talk with them first. Many cardholders get stuck because they avoid their creditors when they owe. Be an adult. Also, their points...second to none on the gold card. Platinum was amazing when I traveled a lot, but those 4x rewards points on the gold can't be beat.

Apr 09 2021
Don’t lose hope!

I’ve always dreamt of an Amex card when I was young.. how heavy it felt and knowing how good of a credit score you needed to get one. I have a score of 659 for Experian, 755 for TransUnion & 766 for Equifax.. i also have 0 late payments. I was hesitating because of how low my Experian credit but I tried the 30 second approval check on their website and I got offered the gold, green & platinum. I only wanted the gold because it would fit my lifestyle better. I’m so excited and happy to be apart of the Amex family & earn rewards!! Good luck to you!!

Mar 25 2021
So glad I applied

I was incredibly hesitant to apply and incur a big ding to my score after cleaning up my credit. CK said I had very good odds, I showed pre qualified three days before I applied but the day I applied, I only showed pre qualified for the platinum card, which I didn’t want. I did all of the research, AMEX uses Experian. I had a 727 TU, 689 Equifax, and 689 Experian. I did have a couple of late payments from 2-3 years ago, and 1% credit card utilization. I was super nervous but I was instantly approved. Super excited to be a part of the AMEX family. No more inquires for a while! Best of luck to anyone applying.

Mar 19 2021
740 credit, got approved

Applied last month for Blue Cash Everyday card got approved. Applied for the Gold card after my first statement cut and got approved. I applied over the phone, very easy process once you’re in the Amex family. I didn’t even get a HP.

Mar 13 2021
740 credit, still didn’t get approved.

Did not give a reason at all other than can’t be approved at this time. Have a job, home, $75k credit line, and they had no reason on why they couldn’t approve me.

Feb 18 2021
My favorite card

If you dine out a lot this is the perfect card. Has a great intro offer, a lot of monthly food credits, and 4x points on dining purchases. IMO a much better deal than the Platinum. Unless you're wanting lounge access, no card competes with this one.

Feb 12 2021
Loved it

I’ve recently applied for this card just to see if Amex would approve me for Gold card since I already owned Blue Cash card. Amex had pre-approved me with my CS of 700. I’ve been using this card pretty much for everything especially with all the perks that comes with this card.

Feb 03 2021
Great Card Great Benefits

Being apart of the AMEX family is really distinct from any other bank I've been with. They have a 24/7 customer service chat setting on their site for all your questions. The benefits really come in handy as well. I instantly got approved with a 750 credit score along with a 75,000 point welcome bonus. There is a $250 annual fee, but with all the rewards and benefits that come with this card you should be making that back and then some.