4.4

Feb 09, 2019
Best card for families

I rebuilt my credit over the course of 3 years waited till I was at least a 690-700 before applying for my first real credit card I did research for a couple months meaning I don't make any kind of credit decisions lightly and wanted a card to fit my lifestyle after all my research I decided that American Express would be the best company for me with their variety of different cards and perks charge/credit cards and the fact that their point system isn't over inflated with an absurd number of points that makes you feel like you have more value than you do they have a very well rounded point system so I decided to apply for an Amex Gold card through credit Karma because I had very good approval odds and I So I applied through the app and was approved in 5 minutes and had my card a week later after a few months with the card I have to say I absolutely love it I am a family man and feel like this is the perfect family card I spend ballpark 600-700 in groceries a month that's 4x points per dollar and we like to eat out also that's 4x points per dollar at restaurants so this card has substantial value for families and if you pay attention to the negative reviews about this card it is because it's a charge card and people complain about not being able to Cary a balance and don't like paying it off every month 1. I got this card because it's a charge card meaning I only make purchases that I would have to make anyways month to month groceries and eating out meaning I'm not over extending myself buying wish list items I use it and just pay the balance the next day I don't wait for statements to come out I use it then put it back to $0 because it's money I would spend anyway at least I'm getting rewards and points 2. The customer service has been great in app no complaints and I will be getting future credit cards with them so before you apply or use this card do yourself a favor and have a full understanding of what the difference between a charge and card is charge cards can be a great tool to keep you from over spending month to month and not stress about carried balances growing in size and they definitely come with more rewards and perks

Dec 16, 2017
Chase is the new Amex

Had this card for couple years. Amex isn't trying hard enough and the results are showing on their earrings each year. Customer service is no longer as good; now that most of its call centers are located in the east. The benefits on the card are just ok and the conversation ratio to different programs do not justify the annual $195 fee.

May 22, 2022
Love it

Amazing everyday card. If you go out to eat and also go to grocery stores alot, it pays for itself. Just know its a charge card, not a credit card and youre golden

May 16, 2022
Denied

Have a 764 credit score applied only because my approval odds were excellent n I got denied

May 12, 2022
Rewards

I applied for this card through credit karma my chances said it was fair. However I was approved in second and was shocked. But in a good way. I love to eat and I’m always at the grocery store so this card works for me.

Apr 16, 2022
Great addition to my wallet

Overall, If you can take advantage of the yearly credits, the annual fee is not so relevant. Regular strategic spending in the groceries, dining, and airline categories will get you a cheap domestic flight for essentially nothing each year. Or even a free night with Marriott. On top of that, the discounts available are pretty nice and I love that the no preset spending limit allows my credit utilization to remain lower than if I had another credit card. Plus, it’s shiny. I’m happy with it and I think it will remain in my wallet forever - especially paired with my Marriott card

Apr 09, 2022
Good Card, Quick Approval

I have two Amex's (12k and 10k) and I kept seeing the ads for this card. I called to see if I could upgrade one of my current cards and was told because it does not have a limit, they do not offer it as an upgrade card.I was hesitant because I finally got my inquires under control so I didn't want to get another one. Reluctantly I applied and got a quick approval w/o an inquire.

Apr 05, 2022
Reluctantly applied and was approved!

After years of rebuilding my credit, I now have an almost perfect pay history except for one medical bill in collections that falls off next July. Credit score was 667 when I was approved I believe with transunion. I was approved for the gold card. I love the sign on bonus points , I use it for all my normal purchases that I used to use my debt card for and every 3 days or so I’ll pay off some of the charges I try not to carry a balance bc you do have the option to pay monthly on purchases over $100 with interest. I love the perks and to be honest. I love the feeling of whipping out my heavy rose gold Amex places lol. Hard work pays off. Also I love the customer service. They’re so friendly and make sure they’ve helped you.

Mar 29, 2022
Great card!

Was approved Instantly… I already have the AE blue cash everyday card with a 12k limit and most of my other cards are over 10k limit. Scores are TU-738, EXP-736 and EQ-754. 0 late payments, and 80k income. Also they didn’t do a HP since I’m already with them. No preset spending limit, but it shows I have 15k pay overtime limit. I suggest going to AE site it’s self and seeing if your pre qualified, and if you already an AE member they’ll let you know if your pre approved

Mar 28, 2022
Approved!!

I’ve been rebuilding my credit since 2018-2019, at 749 now with 5% utilization (try not to carry a balance at all). Have the Amex Blue Cash Everyday… CK said I had a “good” chance tonight so I decided to roll the dice… so thrilled to be approved!!! This will be my primary card, although I have Discover, WF, etc all with good rewards.

Mar 10, 2022
Great Card, Wrong Info on Credit Karma

The card is great. The main reason I am writing this is because I wanted to check my welcome bonus status, well when I contacted AmEx they told me I am supposed to spend the $4k in 3 months, when very clearly Credit Karma says in the first 6 months. Its not AmEx fault but this needs to be changed on CK because there is no way I could appropriately spend $4k in 3 months I knew I could in 6 so that is why I signed up for the card. So be warned and be sure you can make that $4k mark in only 3 months.

Mar 08, 2022
Having this card in my wallet for a few months.

This card has been in my wallet for a few months now and I use it for almost everything. Much better then pulling out a debit card to pay for groceries or dining when you can earn rewards points for everything you purchase. The monthly Uber credit is a great addition to this card and I’m extremely happy with it. I can’t wait to upgrade to platinum card later in the year.