4.4

Feb 09, 2019
Best card for families

I rebuilt my credit over the course of 3 years waited till I was at least a 690-700 before applying for my first real credit card I did research for a couple months meaning I don't make any kind of credit decisions lightly and wanted a card to fit my lifestyle after all my research I decided that American Express would be the best company for me with their variety of different cards and perks charge/credit cards and the fact that their point system isn't over inflated with an absurd number of points that makes you feel like you have more value than you do they have a very well rounded point system so I decided to apply for an Amex Gold card through credit Karma because I had very good approval odds and I So I applied through the app and was approved in 5 minutes and had my card a week later after a few months with the card I have to say I absolutely love it I am a family man and feel like this is the perfect family card I spend ballpark 600-700 in groceries a month that's 4x points per dollar and we like to eat out also that's 4x points per dollar at restaurants so this card has substantial value for families and if you pay attention to the negative reviews about this card it is because it's a charge card and people complain about not being able to Cary a balance and don't like paying it off every month 1. I got this card because it's a charge card meaning I only make purchases that I would have to make anyways month to month groceries and eating out meaning I'm not over extending myself buying wish list items I use it and just pay the balance the next day I don't wait for statements to come out I use it then put it back to $0 because it's money I would spend anyway at least I'm getting rewards and points 2. The customer service has been great in app no complaints and I will be getting future credit cards with them so before you apply or use this card do yourself a favor and have a full understanding of what the difference between a charge and card is charge cards can be a great tool to keep you from over spending month to month and not stress about carried balances growing in size and they definitely come with more rewards and perks

Dec 16, 2017
Chase is the new Amex

Had this card for couple years. Amex isn't trying hard enough and the results are showing on their earrings each year. Customer service is no longer as good; now that most of its call centers are located in the east. The benefits on the card are just ok and the conversation ratio to different programs do not justify the annual $195 fee.

Nov 23, 2021
Don’t ever trust Credit Karma approval odds

Never ever trust Credit Karma approval odds. Every card I own, Credit Karma always says poor approval odds. YMMV though. But as for me. Credit Karma approval is a joke. No one uses vantage scores anyways

Nov 10, 2021
I was approved with a credit score of 701

The first time I applied for this card I wasn't approved and my score at that time was 697.

Nov 06, 2021
Approved at Fair Odds

Was just recently approved given a "fair" chance approval per CK. 688 CS and total card utilization upon application was 6%. They pulled credit info from Equifax where I even have lower CS. The whole application was a breeze and card arrived in 2 days via UPS. I am so excited to be approved as I am still in the process of rebuilding my credit. Even more surprising that I was given NPSL.

Nov 04, 2021
great

good in all categories

Oct 18, 2021
Applied with score of 709

I applied with 709 score bad credit history but went through app and see if i was pre approved and to my surprise i was

Oct 08, 2021
So Far So Good

I got approved and everything is very easy. All good.

Oct 04, 2021
Great!

I had poor approval odds according to Credit Karma but I still got approved. Pretty new to credit but never kept a balance and high income probably helped. Have had AMEX delta Blue for 1 month and applied for this.

Sep 30, 2021
Approved with 676 credit score!

I’ve been eying this card for about a month. At the time of my application my score was 714 but Amex used an old pull soft pull that they had on file when my score was 676. I’m happy I still got approved. My credit report shows 5% utilization at the time of approval. The card arrived via FedEx the next day.

Sep 16, 2021
Great card

I love my amex card! so many great benefits between uber and restaurant cash backs. Also great welcome bonus. I applied for the AE gold card on the direct website it allows you to get pre approved for the card. I applied with a 650 credit score and got approved. I havent had late payments in years and only thing on my credit was hospital collections bringing my score down. Not sure if that was a factor in being approved. 4x points in grocery stores and you can even use your points to pay the card balance. I Love this card. The benefits outweight the annual fee.

Sep 04, 2021
CREDIT SCORE 650-660

Rebuilt my credit, Was at a low 600's. Paid off all me credit cards. Credit limit total of 3500. Got approved great card, great points return. Also got starting credit limit of 1,750. I applied directly with them Credit Karma said my approval chances were poor.