• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0% for 12 Months
  • Purchase Intro APR 0% for 12 Months

Sep 15, 2019
Call India!
sunflowers67 Cardholder

I applied and was approved for this card but I canceled it before i even received it.  I was told I would receive it in 3 to 5 business days.  When I didn't, I called AmEx.  I was then told it was 7 to 11 business days.  When I still hadn't received it (2 1/2 weeks after approval), I called back and was told they didn't have my mailbox number and had sent my card without including it in the address.  They offered to send it UPS guaranteed in 2 days but it bothered me that every call I made to customer service was to India.  Customer service wasn't bad, but I feel like a company that really cares about customer service isn't going to outsource it to India to save a buck.  Especially with a $95 annual fee.  Plus, given the initial mixup, I didn't want to spend the life of the card correcting errors on the cash back I was supposed to be receiving.

Sep 28, 2019

I do not believe in Amex whole heartedly but just reading what you wrote, you seem to be bitter, ignorant and thought-,less. Amex is not the problem, you have issues no one can help you with. Take care of yourself because all I see that you did was jeopardised your credit with an unwanted inquiry and a prematurely closed account. Therefore your hate for Amex surpass the care you should take with you credit file.

Nov 01, 2019

So a person with an accent that you assumed was of Indian decent picked up and you ASSUMED the company is outsourcing..? Or you have proof ? Also you screwed up entering your own address... his is this a fault of Amex?

May 29, 2019
Review the list of where you earn cash!
LionheartLeo Cardholder

Beware that Walmart, Target, and Amazon are NOT on the approved grocery stores. Which means that you will not get 6% shopping there for groceries, only 1%. Also, not all gas stations either. Not happy about 95 annual fee but it's very easy to earn the 250 bonus.

Jun 03, 2019

I get 6% at Walmart neighborhood markets but not at superstores. I easily get enough in cash back to much more than pay the $95.

Mar 02, 2019
Usefulness depends on usage.
X25064 Cardholder

I don't carry a balance. Never have, never will. I use cards to keep a score and pay for things I can already afford, but want to shift the burden on my back account around for. That said, this cards highlight is it's cash back ability. I don't use it for groceries much but did use it for gas a bit. I always felt that the cash back rate was still slower than my Capital One Quicksilver One card. It was not at all worth the $150 annual fee. I downgraded to the Cash Magnet card which Amex did for me no questions asked. I've never had an issue with Amex service as it's excellent, their app is fantastic, and their general services such as rental insurance and foreign exchange services are top notch.

Jun 03, 2019

You are correct that if you don't use it for groceries it may not be cost effective to pay $95 per year for the card. Having said that I don't understand how putting them on a card with lower cash back ie: Quicksilver One or paying for them from your bank account could possibly be more cost effective than getting 6% cash back.

Also, the annual fee is not $150 its $95. At $150 it would probably not be worth it.

Credit Score
Credit Limit
60+ Days Past Due Status
Age of Cardholder

Sample Size: 1,642
Data Created: February 02, 2015

Note: Sample data consists of Credit Karma members who hold this card.

Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express