4.3

Jun 06 2020
Best of my cards

Best rewards, best customer service, best all-around. My experience (I've had this card for roughly 8 years now) has been continuously positive. I always have more than enough rewards points to pay for the annual fee. We use it for all gas and groceries. I also use it for their special cash back deals and promotions ($20 off of $100, $10 cash back, etc.) for certain brands and stores, though ONLY if it's something I was purchasing anyway. I used rewards points at their rewards store for a $13 Roomba one year (after I'd already paid the $95 fee). That's right, a $500 Roomba for my wife cost me $13.XX! As with any credit card, you don't treat it as "credit", you treat it as cash and budget. We carry no balances on credit cards and this card has a limit of almost $30,000. Budget your groceries and gas, and pay for them with this card. Then pay it off each month and enjoy whatever you want with your rewards. It's that easy. If you're using any card to pay for things that you "want" and didn't budget for, you're doing it wrong and you should not use cards. Just a little practical advice.

Dec 21 2020
800+ FICO score-approved for $1,000

Found this odd considering I had excellent chances. Also, because I have 2 other AMEX cards (with limits at $5,000 or above) I was very surprised to be approved for only $1,000......To make it more unsettling was once I was approved I could not see anywhere in the online paperwork I was entitled to the $300 introductory rewards offer. This was a big reason for applying in the first place in addition to the 6% cash back on groceries. After being on hold for ever with a rep as she talked to a supervisor she said I was not automatically approved for the introductory offer and this aspect was still under review. Wait, what?!? They advertise the special offer and then reserve the right to reject that part but will still collect on the $95 annual fee. So basically, without the intro. offer I would have never applied for this card. We'll see if they give it to me or not. All in all, I have been satisfied with my 2 AMEX cards (love the website) and my experiences so I will hope for the best. Lastly, it's kind of strange how they do the credit. On their credit monitoring service with my first two cards they use Trans Union but on the application they ran credit on Experian.

Feb 23 2021
Low credit limits, even with great credit & income

American Express always has great service and the card is accepted pretty much everywhere. Many reviews agree that the credit line is low. I have a six figure income and have really good credit and got approved for $5000. I read one review where the person had a score over 820 and was approved for $1000. So I’m not sure what parameters they are looking at but you will most likely get a low credit line when applying for this card. My other Amex has a 30,000 credit line. My total credit card debt is around 8k, and all account in good standing. Otherwise it’s a great card but I like higher credit lines.

Jan 26 2021
Awesome card

I applied for this card on Friday or Saturday and was approved with a credit score of 722 experian they always pull. Happy to have this card I recommend it for sure

Jan 04 2021
Amex

Easy application and fast approval. Low balance compared to my other cards.

Dec 21 2020
800+ FICO score-approved for $1,000

Dec 05 2020
Great card

Great card for grocery shopping and online subscriptions. I got it with a 750 Experian score, 780 Equifax

Dec 01 2020
Long review but WROTH reading!

To start: I applied for this card with only having one credit card for about 3 years and a credit score of 751 on Experian and a 738 on Equifax (I think they just haven’t updated my records at the time.) Also my credit utilization is 1% at the time of applying. To also note I have a car loan that is 4 years old to the date of this review to give you a full picture. If you’re thinking about getting this credit card, here are things to look at for yourself. You may have heard a lot already if you’ve been looking at this card and looked it up on YouTube and read the articles on CK, Nerd Wallet, etc. you’ll know that this card won’t be a good fit if you shop at Walmart, Target, Amazon, Costco‘s, and BJ’s. Look to other cards for those stores. If you shop at Winn-Dixie, Aldi’s, etc. this might a good fit for you. The break even numbers for this card is if you spend $135 a month at qualifying grocery stores not including streaming service and transit service. $135 a month on streaming services not including qualifying grocery stores or transit services. $267 a month on transit services not including qualifying grocery stores or streaming services (Break even is meaning the cash back is paying for the annual fee with no money or hardly any to keep after that fee is paid). Applied but no card yet: Setting up the app is super easy and everything is laid out for you to easily understand. A lot of stuff is very easy to find. However there is the one bad thing I have to say as of right now, my card is in the mail and I got notified when my card was being made which was nice. The bad thing is when my card was shipped I got an email saying it was delivered. Thinking that my card was in the mail waiting for me I canceled my plans to go grocery shopping and to get gas in my car. 3 days after that email still no card. I was upset, and then it turn into me getting worried that my card was lost. So I contacted AmEx and they told me that it was shipped only 4 days ago and to wait a few more days before worrying about the card being lost. I wish they had a better tracking of your card in the mail and wouldn’t tell you that it was delivered when in fact it wasn’t. They even say that they ship through first class mail and can take up to 7-10 business days to get your card so I wish they would of just said it was shipped then 7 days later say it was possibly delivered and check the mail. Got the card: So your cash back is reward dollars that can only be used for statement credit. You can’t get cash on in your pocket unlike some other cash back credit cards. The other rough deal about that is you have to have $25 or more to use your reward dollars. Then to add to that you can’t use your reward dollars to pay the minimum balance. That is a lot of restrictions on your reward dollars, there are worst credit cards that do their cash back in a worst manner but I do wish AmEx would change some of this to make it just a little bit better even It was only eliminating the $25 minimum to use the reward dollars that alone would help! However everything else has been good! Just the normal day to day usage of a credit card. Cons: The reward dollars could use a little rework so this way you could actually use it whenever you wanted like some other credit cards. The mail tracking was just a little annoyance but I think it could of been better. As they are know for you can’t use AmEx everywhere however they are getting better so not too huge of a deal. If you’re a small spender on these categories than get the blues cash every day or just a whole different credit card. Pros: Very good cash back categories! I wish that the $6,000 a year limit on grocery’s was more like $12,000 so this way it would have more people wanting this card. Very good customer service which they are known for. If you spend a good deal on these categories you really should get this card the rewards off set the annual fee easily especially if you have a family or even just a spouse.

Nov 27 2020
Don’t apply

I have apply for the card have score 752 I have no debt they refuse me. Only apply if you have score 850.

Oct 27 2020
High hopes

I had high hopes for this card as the interest free period on new purchases and welcome bonus would have been handy for a large(ish) purchase I wish to make in the next few months. Unfortunately, despite being pre-approved and marked as having excellent chances for approval with a 800+ credit score, I was rejected. I managed to get hold of a human being to find out why and it was due to carrying balances on my other cards ( albeit small and in the 5% range) having a short credit history (cant be helped as I only moved to the USA a few years ago) and too many recently opened credit accounts ( a side effect of trying to build credit in a short time and a random situation where a store card changed operators within one month of us opening an account, so we ended up with 2 CC accounts opening for the same store in as many months!). Annoying but cant be helped - sharing in case anyone else is considering and in the same situation!

Aug 21 2020
Denied

applied for blue cash preferred card and was denied.. called the reconsideration line and there is no such thing..they make it seem like they will look over the application but they actually don't they submit it back through the application process and you get another inquiry. I asked the manager does a human check the report and he said they do but they don't have the power to approve and application.

Jun 06 2020