3.8

Apr 14 2017
Still Amazing-3rd Review

I posted two prior reviews, one on the application process and one since having the card. I have had the card two months now. On my 60th day (4/9/17) I applied for a CLI (read reviews and everyone said they applied after 60 days and got 3X the current limit) so I was told I had to wait until the day after 60 days. Well, I applied and it is true I was approved for 3 times my original limit. I started with 2k which I was initially surprised anyway due to my credit score (thought it would be more like $500) and now I am at 6K. I read some comments that people do not believe that individuals are getting these limits. I can attest this is true, when I was initially approved I had a 659 credit score with three collections, several store cards, subprime credit cards and 27% utilization. I now have a 673 Experian score and 1% utilization across all accounts. I follow the recommendations of charging and paying off in full so I only charge what I was going to pay in cash anyway (monthly bills, gas, etc). Do the prequalifier first!

Nov 23 2016
Good, with qualifications

Good card, decent interest rate, Amex customer service is better than average in my opinion. The "offers" on the app are convenient, and can offer real saving. Discounts are given as an immediate account credit. However, one of the main reasons I have this card is for grocery store rebates. Amex has a very narrow definition of what a grocery store is. Discount stores and some local specialty stores are not considered grocery stores, reducing the cash back reward from 6% to 1%. As the user, I'm unaware of the vendors classification until I see it on my account. Still, it's an overall decent card. The 3% gas cash back can add up quickly.

Aug 21 2020
Denied

applied for blue cash preferred card and was denied.. called the reconsideration line and there is no such thing..they make it seem like they will look over the application but they actually don't they submit it back through the application process and you get another inquiry. I asked the manager does a human check the report and he said they do but they don't have the power to approve and application.

Jun 06 2020
Best of my cards

Best rewards, best customer service, best all-around. My experience (I've had this card for roughly 8 years now) has been continuously positive. I always have more than enough rewards points to pay for the annual fee. We use it for all gas and groceries. I also use it for their special cash back deals and promotions ($20 off of $100, $10 cash back, etc.) for certain brands and stores, though ONLY if it's something I was purchasing anyway. I used rewards points at their rewards store for a $13 Roomba one year (after I'd already paid the $95 fee). That's right, a $500 Roomba for my wife cost me $13.XX! As with any credit card, you don't treat it as "credit", you treat it as cash and budget. We carry no balances on credit cards and this card has a limit of almost $30,000. Budget your groceries and gas, and pay for them with this card. Then pay it off each month and enjoy whatever you want with your rewards. It's that easy. If you're using any card to pay for things that you "want" and didn't budget for, you're doing it wrong and you should not use cards. Just a little practical advice.

May 29 2020
Don’t apply this company

American Expresses, there is a problem with this credit card. He does not have an automatic payment option and does not prompt people to repay. This is a very bad company, and very bad rules. I don't admit that I paid late.

May 26 2020
Nice

I wish every place excepted this card, and that I could get points from Walmart and most Gas stations. My Credit score is almost 800 and my Credit limit is 5,000.00 which I will never use but its good to have just in case.

Apr 27 2020
Easy and nice extras!

This card is great to have because of the consistent cash back. The rewards are annoying BC if you want to get the most you have to keep and eye out for the promotions every week or month. They also include some nice extras like 2 day shipping for shop runner for free! Customer service isn’t exceptional. It’s standard, with long wait times on the phone to speak with someone. The app does make it easier to get things sorted, but doesn’t have everything.

Apr 10 2020
I’ve been American Express card holder since 1983

I’ve been American Express card holder since 1983 when I was in college I am now platinum American Express card holder I enjoyI enjoy the percentages that I get with this particular car and I’d like to offer that was given I like American Express because they make me feel like I am somebody and they are concerned and I’ve always had extremely high limits because of the fact that I pay my bills on time and I’ve been around with American Express for 36 years the American Express card don’t leave home without it and I particularly like this new car thank you

Mar 29 2020
Approvee easily, but beware!

They will drop your limit out of nowhere, causing you to be over 60% of your credit limit. This ruined my credit score.

Mar 22 2020
Terrible!

Applied for the card after reading about the high limits people were getting with low 700 credit scores, I have a high 700 and received a bs 2k limit. Absolutely ridiculous. I seriously wanna cancel this card.

Feb 27 2020
Excellent Card for Groceries and Gas

The card typically needs good credit for approval, but it's a GREAT card worth the fee in rewards. The Cash Back is excellent, but know what qualifies as Groceries to max rewards. Buying Gift Cards at an approved Grocery Store is also a big plus (6% becomes an option for Food and Shopping). Customer Service is excellent. Offers gear towards high income individuals which is fine depending on how you shop. Great Card overall!

Feb 09 2020
Great card.

Use it properly and you'll save money even after the annual fee.