Hyundai Motor Finance

Reviews: Hyundai Motor Finance

Hyundai Motor Finance

1.5

Jul 20, 2022
Couldn’t rate lower than a 1…

I was in the Process of getting a state to state transfer for over seven months. During this time I spent a multitude of hours on their recorded phone line with different representatives, their supervisors, and the supervisors of the supervisors. With delay after delay and one empty apology after another I ultimately got no resolution. The only way I was able to resolve this issue and prevent my registration and license plate from being invalid was to trade the entire car for a different one under a different company and receive the proper plates on the new vehicle. This process began in January when I was told it should only take 10 days, well before my plates expired in July. Because of the 10 day timeline I was proactive enough to pay state taxes back in February for a vehicle that I was never able to receive the plates for due to Hyundai motor finance being unable to complete the state to state transfer. After so many exchanges over the phone and via email, complaints issued directly through Hyundai as well as the Better Business Bureau, an executive finally reached out to me to tell me the same thing. Nothing is able to be done, I would be out $500+ and another apology was issued. Of course I’ll have to pay taxes again on the new vehicle and it’s just my loss. The most hilarious part of this entire epidemic was that I received a copy of my title that was unusable to me THE DAY BEFORE my new car arrives. My 2021 Hyundai Sonata hybrid has been the best car that I’ve ever owned, but my experience with Hyundai motor finance has been the worst, far beyond anything I could have ever imagined. The impact this has had on my mental health has been particularly strenuous as it has all been during the course of studying for both project management and financial securities exams at the same time as moving to a new state. For such a seamlessly easy Ten-day process to last for OVER 200 days is a clear sign that no matter how good of a product you receive, it is never worth going into business with a company that shows such negligence and blatant disregard for the time and well being of their customers.

Jul 11, 2022
Finance with anyone but them or Kia. Avoid both.

If you buy a Hyundai and they try to push Hyundai or Kia finance on you, don't accept it. Walk out if they won't find a better lender. They are the worst. They will screw up your credit report then refuse to fix it.

Jul 09, 2022
Was concerned after seeing reviews

After reading all the reviews, I was greatly concerned that I financed my new Volster N with HMF. I purchased the car in May 2022. I was very unhappy with the dealership as they gave me no other options to finance except through HMF. I was in desperate need of car and with inventory so low at other dealerships I really had no choice. Even though I have excellent credit, the loan was 5.65% for 6 years! The dealer told me “ You’re going to want to refinance this”. Really? No kidding thanks for that! My first payment was due 6/26. I made the payment as soon as the account appeared on line which was 6/07 and immediately began the search to refinance. After HMF posted my payment, I printed a payoff letter from the website and went to Achieva Federal Credit Union. They gave me 5 year loan at 3% and paid off my HMF loan with in a week. HMF quickly acknowledged the payoff and that the title process was beginning. If there is a delay, Achieva will be responsible to secure that title. As of this morning, the HFM loan has been removed from my credit report. I think the key is getting the refinance done well in advance of the next payment being due and also making sure that the loan is paid off withing the payoff letter terms.

Jun 30, 2022
Terrible Customer Service

I have had automatic pay for my lease for 2 years, in the month of April they debited two payments from my account. I called to have one payment returned. They did the return, turned off my auto pay, locked my online account and told me I had to call back to reactivate it and make another payment on the phone with an additional charge of $7.95. I did all that and reactivated my auto pay. My April payment went through. Then my May and June payment did not. Their answer was because my financial account was not found. How could that be and it has been the same for 2 years and you received my April payment. They kept insinuating i had NSF when in fact several of the reps stated all my account information was correct and it was an error on their end. I spoke with 13 customer service reps and no one would help me. One rep finally told me they would not help until my account was current. I have been requesting a supervisor and still have not spoken with one. The problem is still not resolved.

Jun 13, 2022
Perpetual Suffering

They make you suffer by asking for ilegitimate amounts of money, having you wait hours on the phone and providing you with no customer service.

Apr 21, 2022
Horrible

Horrible for military, even when trying to switch banks and sending the payoff amount they take forever to send the title to the new bank.

Apr 12, 2022
Stay Clear - Shady and Deceptive

STAY CLEAR! I had two issues with them they are the Worst company to work with. Signed a lease for one amount and they billed for a different amount and no one would help. Filed a complaint with the BBB and finally was resolved. Then was in an accident were the car was deemed a total loss and they took the full cash value of the car for payment which was $3,900 MORE than the payoff and refused to negotiate. Every employee I spoke with said they understood the policy seemed wrong but couldn't do anything.

Apr 02, 2022
Save yourself! Worst finance company ever

I was an always on time payer to Hyundai Finance while lessening my Tuscon. This company has no consistency and has a staff full of liars. After weeks of putting in calls this company refuses to honor there word and will flat out admit multiple people have said false information. They are aware they have a team full of liars and do not care. This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had and I will recommend to everyone to never work with Hyundai finance. This place does not even deserve 1 star.

Apr 01, 2022
Lessee who bought out the car

This finance company will not transfer the title to me after I’ve paid off my car. It’s been 7 months of constant calls and fake updates and they even asked for a check made out to the dmv to transfer the title and all I got was the same title stating hmfusa is still the legal owner. They hold your car hostage and won’t help at all. The person at the dmv called for me and they were rude and ignored her requests. This place should be shut down. They send the initial paperwork to the wrong address when I paid off my car and 7-8 moths later Im still trying to correct their mistakes. They are incompetent and really just don’t care about helping you out.

Mar 18, 2022
Their failure is somehow my fault

My car was totaled. My insurance said they’d give me $21,000 for the loss and I only owed $12,000 on my car. Hyundai told Mercury they had to send them the entire $21,000 and they’d give me the remaining excess. I get a letter from Hyundai saying my car was paid off, waiting and waiting where’s my $8,000 check? I even get a check from Hyundai in the mail for $429. After over 2 months of not receiving my check I send Hyundai an email. They respond with something that has nothing to do with the issue I contacted them about. I then start getting notifications that my car payment is past due. After I contacted a bunch of people from Mercury and Hyundai I find out that Hyundai had lost Mercurys check, Mercury had to put a stop payment on the check and reissued another one. Hyundai then found the check, tried to cash it and of course it was denied. Mercury said they mailed Hyundai a new check a week ago. Hyundai is saying yes they lost the check but I still owe them money because there was a stop payment on it when they did find it. Well of course there’s a stop payment! You lost the check! That’s what people do when you lose their check!!! They then told me that until they get their new check, interest is still being accrued and payment is still considered late. What?!!!! Hyundai’s failure to handle the insurance company’s check properly resulting in a stop payment and a new payment having to be reissued is now somehow my fault?!! Ironically enough Mercury had warned me when I started this whole process that Hyundai is very hard to work with when it comes to these matters. Never buying a Hyundai again!