Auto Insurance Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

MetLife - Auto Insurance

From Policyholders in the last year

Compare Auto Insurance Offers

View your top Auto Insurance recommendations and compare rates on Credit Karma.

These reviews were written by current and former policyholders in the last year.

Aug 10, 2016
Excellent customer service
Anonymous Policyholder

I recently had a claim on my home that contractor said an insurance company would not probably pay.
The adjuster was awesome and told me we were a team and they would review and they look for coverage. They did and other companies said this was a gray area. Metlife auto and home took the gray area and covered my claim. Thank you to the awesome Charlotte, NC office team!!!

Dec 13, 2015
Came after long time customer for $23
Anonymous Policyholder

Insurance is insurance. I can't complain about coverage - it's all the same. A guy in my area sells metlife auto because his dad did before him. He said I'd have the best rates with them which was true with my old car. He took care of all the paperwork/payments everything was great and easy for me. I got a new car, insurance rates went up, he said he found that progressive had better rates for me now in this case so he switched me over. I never heard directly from metlife prior to this. All of the sudden I started getting mail saying that if I didn't give them $23 I owed they would have a creditor come after me (in so many words). My guy was out on holiday. I called and left a message, then tried to navigate metlife website/phone options trying to talk to somebody or in some way pay this. I found a way to pay online. I went through with is then it threw an error saying my account is canceled so I can't pay. Back to the phone, no options exist to just talk to somebody. I navigated to a payment option. Almost went through with the thing when it told me that there was another transaction pending and if I'd like to pay again anyways. Of course not. It said it didn't understand. After a few times of this a person got on the phone (finally) who said it looked like the whole thing was taken care of and she'd watch it personally and send an email to confirm. Whatever happened with that I am not certain, but she never sent any email and about two weeks later I got a letter from a creditor saying that further legal action would be taken if I didn't cough up some dough (again, in so many words). It looked to me at this point that the payment never came out of my bank account, so I payed up on the creditors website. I am not dissuading you from going with metlife, just letting you know that if you (or your insurance guy/gal) ever decide it is in your best interest to switch companies, metlife wil pay hand over fist far in excess of what you "owe" in order to send you letters filled with directed vitriol and tactics of litigious intimidation.

How would you rate this policy overall?

What should others know about this policy?