Question

tmcat121

zero debt, pay everything in full & ontime, why is my grade N/A?

Most Helpful Response

In the credit scoring world, zero debt is not considered a good thing. People with little or no debt don't get the best scores. As to why your grade is N/A, it may be because you don't have a lot of credit, or the credit you have hasn't been established for very long. Young people, for instance, or those who don't use credit cards, often have "thin files" -- that is, not enough established credit to have a score.

Agree with other answerer.  It's like lifting weights- there has to activity or there will be no results.  Sometimes carrying a balance over (as long as minimum payments are made on time obviously) for a month or three before paying it off will build your credit.

Zero debt

Thank you Clairissa & HUskee, my student loans are now zero, that resulted in a 15 pt drop! Should I keep a balance on my credit cards? I do use them, but I pay them off in full before the statement is processed. I am totally discouraged. P.S. Merry Christmas & happy, healthy and peaceful New Year.