Question

lindal123

X WILL NOT AGREE TO SELL HOME
X will not agree to sell home. I'm living in it and the only one on mortgage and paying( both on deed). I'm moving out but can't afford mortgage after moving. My credit will be ruined but his not. How can I make him agree to sell joint property. Going broke with attorney fees. Trying to keep my good credit rating through this mess. Can't afford lawyer fees. Should I walk away and go into foreclosure?

Walking away will make it so that you can not do much for credit for a few years or buy another house for at least 7.  I walked at one point then I had to pay the difference between what the bank sold the house for and what was left owing on it 5 years later to buy another house.  But I am not sure how the house is joint. If you are the only one on the mortgage, the title should only be in your and mortgage lender name. Hence he may not have any rights to keep you from selling, even if the divorce court says he gets half of house.  Your lawyer would be the best to advise on this though.