Question

beltway07

Wrong info on Credit report
I have an account with a past landlord who has put very wrong information on my credit report. I've called the credit agencies (all they do is verify if your name is on the account) I've called the collection agency (they are paid by the landlord) so none of these agencies are helping. Is my only next step is a lawyer? I thought the credit agencies would help more but no luck with them.

Most Helpful Response

It depends on what the "wrong information" is and if you can prove it is wrong.  If you can prove that the information is wrong, then send letters to everyone with copies of that proof.  They have 30 days to respond.  If they don't, then contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and see if they can help.  You can find them on the web.  Best of luck.

wrong info

​credit carma is reporting false info on my report,i dont have a credit card i have a debt card through my bank