Question

cherryfield

wrong credit score with Credit Karma
my Credit Karma credit score shows 706, we paid off our mortgage yesterday that you show as $9884 and the Sam's credit card you show as $330+ that allegedly been corrected by Transunion. Transunion shows a credit score is 751 with these 2 bills (correct amounts). Why can't Credit Karma be nearer the correct score.

Did you read what Credit Karma is for when you signed up?  Obviously not.  Credit Karma is an educational site to teach people what to do to build a good credit score.  IT IS NOT A CREDIT BUREAU so what is shown here is only an example for people to use when utilizing the financial tools on this site.  No one else reads the information and it is not reported anywhere.

livy72

Then Credit Karma should NOT post a Credit Score at all, if they only want to be an educational tool. I do not see a disclaimer stating that the score is NOT A TRUE DEPICTION of your ACTUAL CREDIT SCORE. The TV advertisements lead you to believe that you can check YOUR CREDIT SCORES for free. My score is off by about 30 points.

So, when I signed up it should have stated that my scores are approximated and are in no way my actual score.