Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Report
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
Would this be an "error" that I could dispute and have removed from my credit reports?
I have a few accounts that were sent to collections but I have paid the collection agency in full or less than full; either way I paid down to a $0 balance. Most, if not all, of these accounts are still showing as an "OPEN" or "OPEN ACCOUNT" account type. Would this be considered an "error" that I can dispute and have removed?

I request my free annual credit report once every 4 months from one of the 3 credit bureaus to keep an eye on my score and accounts. I would like to purchase a home soon for my family and want to my score to increase to secure lower interest rates on a mortgage.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.