Would this be an "error" that I could dispute and have removed from my credit reports?
I have a few accounts that were sent to collections but I have paid the collection agency in full or less than full; either way I paid down to a $0 balance. Most, if not all, of these accounts are still showing as an "OPEN" or "OPEN ACCOUNT" account type. Would this be considered an "error" that I can dispute and have removed?

I request my free annual credit report once every 4 months from one of the 3 credit bureaus to keep an eye on my score and accounts. I would like to purchase a home soon for my family and want to my score to increase to secure lower interest rates on a mortgage.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.