Would making payments on my student loans now, when they are in deferral, raise my score?
I've had my account here for 8+ months, I know it is probably not super accurate but in the past 8 months I have opened two secure cards, gotten a limit increase, made payments, paid off, used them, didn't use them, etc. My credit karma scores have stayed the same, gone up a point, or dropped. I'll order my real report in a month and see what is going on.

Anyways, I have student loans, but am currently in school so they are in deferment. I got a new job and have a lot of extra money now, so I was thinking to start paying them off earlier. I will continue to take out new Sub loans to pay off the old Unsubs that I have, but that is separate.

I really want to get my credit score up ASAP, I read about people on here who get a secured card and go from 540 to 750 overnight because they did x or x. I've done that, it doesn't seem to work.

If I make monthly payments of my own free will for no good reason, will it effect my credit score in a positive manner, or will it not matter?